Where can I repair my nexus 5?

SOLVED
idpokute
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Hi Fido guys.

I've used Fido Nexus-5 with 2 year contract, and the contact was done couple months ago.

My phone has boot loop issue, now. I can't even see the home screen.

Does Fido has repair service cenre? and How much is it?

I'd like to know where I can fix my phone.

Accepted Solution

Re: Where can I repair my nexus 5?

Solved by Former Moderator FidoCatherine

Hi there @idpokute

Thanks for reaching out!

Sorry to read about those "boot-loop" issues..

I've been there myself, so I get the struggle!

If you've had the phone for 2-years, that means the 1-year After Sale Warranty is clearly over at this point. 

No worries though! You can still totally send out the phone for repair! Smiley 

You can simply bring the phone into a Fido store & they'll send it to the manufacturer, for repair. 

Once they receive your phone & determine what the issue is, they'll contact the store to provide them with a "repair quote" to give you. They'll await your confirmation from you, before going ahead with the repair! A credit card payment would be needed, to cover the repair costs. 

You can also contact the phone manufacturer directly to get more information about reparining the phone Smiley

View solution in context
7 REPLIES 7
EFTC
I'm Qualified Level 1

The Nexus 5 phone is probably too "old" to make repair cost effective.  If you don't mind loosing your data, you can reflash the phone with Google stock OS. This will be a DIY project that will require a lot of reading and studying before you start the process.  If you are not careful you can brick your phone for good.

Note this is merely a suggestion of something you can try yourself instead of sending your phone in; however, if you are not comfortable, please ignore most post.

KAPABLE-K
MVP

@idpokute You might have a stuck power button try playing with the power button or cleaning it and see if the phone powers up normally.

idpokute

I will try. Thanks

FidoCatherine
Former Moderator

Hi there @idpokute

Thanks for reaching out!

Sorry to read about those "boot-loop" issues..

I've been there myself, so I get the struggle!

If you've had the phone for 2-years, that means the 1-year After Sale Warranty is clearly over at this point. 

No worries though! You can still totally send out the phone for repair! Smiley 

You can simply bring the phone into a Fido store & they'll send it to the manufacturer, for repair. 

Once they receive your phone & determine what the issue is, they'll contact the store to provide them with a "repair quote" to give you. They'll await your confirmation from you, before going ahead with the repair! A credit card payment would be needed, to cover the repair costs. 

You can also contact the phone manufacturer directly to get more information about reparining the phone Smiley

idpokute

Is there any way to know the cost in advance ?

If the cost is bigger than new phone or another contract, definately I'm not going to repair.

@idpokute wrote:

Is there any way to know the cost in advance ?

If the cost is bigger than new phone or another contract, definately I'm not going to repair.

There is no way to know the cost upfront because they will have to diagnose the phone to find the problem.

Thry the power button though its one of the cause for a bootloop for this phone.

Paolo
I'm an Expert Level 2

Unfortunately, there is no way to know the cost in advance. Back in the day with fido you could, because Fido had specially trained in-house repair technicians working for them you would drop your phone off and they would asses the problem and repair cost with quick turn around times. However the company now only offers to ship handsets to the authorized repair facilities and they will determine the repair cost, the only cavet is it takes longer now because your phone has to be shipped out and you now have to wait for the repair centres timelines.