When will I be able to reserve the galaxy s8+

SOLVED
miserybusiness
I'm a Participant Level 3

I see that the S8 is up for reservation just wondering when The S8+ will be up?

Accepted Solution

Re: When will I be able to reserve the galaxy s8+

Solved by Former Moderator FidoMegan

Hey @AnnyKeyz and @miserybusiness 

The Samsung Galaxy S8+ won't be available for reservation. It'll be available for purchase as of April 21st on fido.ca, through customer service or in third party retail stores. 

We won't have the S8+ available in Fido corporate stores.

Hope that helps! Smiley

View solution in context
17 REPLIES 17
Salc
I'm a Participant Level 2

Wow as a new Fido customer, I have to say definitely not impressed there is no s8+ Promotion. Kinda giving me second thoughts now if iI chose the right carrier...let alone you can nit even reserve the s8+

Hi there @Salc

Thanks for reaching out to the Fido Communtiy! 

As a new Fido customer, mind if I ask what you're looking for exactly? Smiley

The Samsung S8's currently available to reserve, through the Fido Reseravation System. 

We don't currently offer the Samsung S8 Plus though, but stay tuned on Fido.ca/phones for any updates there!

Salc

Hello Fido Catherine, I am looking to upgrade my device and possibly go on a 2 yrs contract. Now will I lose my BYOD pkg I have now if I do so? Was looking to upgrade and get the s8+ the s8 is to small for me Very_Happy

AnnyKeyz
I'm a Participant Level 1

I'm also wanting to preorder it but only the S8 is available... 😟

Hey @AnnyKeyz and @miserybusiness 

The Samsung Galaxy S8+ won't be available for reservation. It'll be available for purchase as of April 21st on fido.ca, through customer service or in third party retail stores. 

We won't have the S8+ available in Fido corporate stores.

Hope that helps! Smiley

Helmetpickles

Hello,

Does this mean we will not be able to get the VR headset because it is not a pre-order?

Thank you!

EDIT: I just say replys dealing with this. I understand that Fido through BestBuy etc will offer the VR.

However, I want to buy the S8+ outright and would also like the VR. This is not an option through fido.

And it is a bit disapointing that if i break (payout) my contract you will force me to get a more expensive plan just becuase im getting a better phone and you can charge me even more for basically the same service.

Thoughts?

input80
I'm a Participant Level 1

Am wondering also, don't want to lose my current plan to pay more & would like to get the VR glasses. 

Hi @input80!

Welcome to the Community!

Hi @Helmetpickles,

You can check out the prices for the S8 here. We can also check how much the phone will cost you on your current plan. Let me know and we will send you a PM. 

Thanks. 

Helmetpickles

That only shows me the price of the s8 I am interested in the s8 plus.
The plans offered pale compared to my current one as I have a loyalty plan.
If you can tell me I will get the VR and all if I wait till it is in retail stores Illl wait if not I'll buy it. Elsewhere. Thanks!

Hi @Helmetpickles

The Samsung S8 prices will only be available online, at the launch of the phone on April 21st. 

I'd invite you to stay tuned on fido.ca/phones for any updates on those details Smiley

We won't get any further information until then though. 

miserybusiness

so no gear vr for s8 plus buyers?

@miserybusiness wrote:

so no gear vr for s8 plus buyers?

I would certainly not want you to miss out on that promotion!

I just looked at the official websites of some of the third party dealers mentioned by FidoMegan - such as Best Buy as just one example - and was pleased to see they are currently taking preorders for the highly anticipated Samsung S8+... and in addition they are offering the Gear VR promotion when you preorder!

I would recommend you "go get it"! (as these promotions are only while supplies last)!

I hope this helps Smiley

miserybusiness

Well I'm going to be going to best buy, however if they do not accept my fido dollars I will be moving to a different carrier. Does anybody know if best buy will allow me to use my fido dollars?

Hey Salc!

If you're planning to take a contract, yes, you will need to change your plan. BYOP plans are not offered on contract and, this means, they are not eligible for subsidies on a phone upgrade. 

Hey miserybusiness!

Your FidoDOLLARS can definitely be used towards your upgrade even if you do your upgrade at a Third Party retailer like Best Buy.

Your FidoDOLLARS will be applied on your next bill following your upgrade. 

Hope this helps! 

KAPABLE-K
MVP

@miserybusiness when it becomes available for reservation it will be posted on the website that's the only way we will know. You just have to keep checking the website for updates.