When is Galaxy S6 5.1 update releasing?

SOLVED
d33
I'm a Participant Level 3

When will the update be released? Its been out for 5 months already, and includes important security updates like the keyboard fix. Even 5.1.1 is out now, and my phone is still running the OS from last year. This is unacceptable. 

Accepted Solution

Re: When is Galaxy S6 5.1 update releasing?

Solved by Community Manager

UPDATE! A fix will be rolling out soon.

Click here for more information.

View solution in context
9 REPLIES 9
Ajay2

Unless you want to add bugs into your phone and reduce your batery life, I would not recommend upgrading to 5.1.1 just yet.

FidoStephen
Community Manager

We've got another thread that we'll be updating as soon as we receive news, so keep an eye out!

UPDATE! A fix will be rolling out soon.

Click here for more information.

oxyd75
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi,

It's been a while since the status hasn't change for the update to 5.1.1...

What is the hold off??

It seem like almost every where the 5.1 update is beeing release exept in Canada.

When I've chated with Samsung tech support they told me that the ball was on your side.

Are your gonna release the 5.1 before 6 rolls out, since Samsung stated that it will be supported?

It's kind of a let down when you buy hi-end product like that and your not getting the update on a reasonable period.

Thanks.

Eric

Hey everyone, 5.1.1 is now available for the S6 and S6 Edge. You should receive a notification to complete the update shortly!

FidoMegan
Former Moderator

Hi d33!

No news on the upgrade release date yet! As soon as we know, it will be updated on our OS Upgrade schedule. You can check that out here. Smiley 

** Edit to update link**

moth5
I'm a Contributor Level 2

I am betting there will be no update , not all the US carriers have it for their phones either, i dont know why  , must have some thing  to do with the way  each phone carrier has control of the phones using their network .and maybe that update lessens that control

BrendanC
I'm Helpful Level 1

@FidoMegan that must be an internal link - this is the public forum one d33:

http://forums.fido.ca/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Smartphones/message-id/20501#M20501

Hi BrendanC! 

It was the right link but it was broken. Thanks for the correction, I updated my post!  Smiley