Whats your position in line for iPhone 5 ?

Service interruption

An update for our valued customers: We know you depend on us and on April 19, we let you down - for this we are truly sorry. You won’t be charged for your wireless services that were impacted on Monday, April 19. A credit equivalent to that day's wireless service fee will be applied to your May bill. This will be done automatically & no action is required by you.

Click here to read more

benbenben2012
I'm Helpful Level 1

Iam at 1361 now! Was 1802 yesterday! :womanlol:

505 REPLIES 505
EML
I'm a Participant Level 2

Just got my iPhone 5 32g white

Here is the history of my order

Sep 28 - reserved the iPhone (was +-1200 in line)

Oct 26 - Status changed to "In progress"

Nov 2 - Status changed to "Shipped"

Nov 3 - Montreal warehouse received my iPhone

Nov 7 - Called the store because I did not receive a call from them within the "4 days" mentioned in the email.  I was told that they had the phone in store and that could pick it up - which I did! Happy

It was not an short and easy journey, but the end result is that I have a free iPhone 5 32g (because of credits and Fido dollars) and my monthly plan will be cheaper.  PLUS I now have unlimited texts!

10yearfido
I'm an Expert Level 2

@EML wrote:

Just got my iPhone 5 32g white

Here is the history of my order

Sep 28 - reserved the iPhone (was +-1200 in line)

Oct 26 - Status changed to "In progress"

Nov 2 - Status changed to "Shipped"

Nov 3 - Montreal warehouse received my iPhone

Nov 7 - Called the store because I did not receive a call from them within the "4 days" mentioned in the email.  I was told that they had the phone in store and that could pick it up - which I did! Happy

It was not an short and easy journey, but the end result is that I have a free iPhone 5 32g (because of credits and Fido dollars) and my monthly plan will be cheaper.  PLUS I now have unlimited texts!

So good news all around, other than the wait. 

Surprised at just how fast this thing is (the phone not the reservation system Wink )

pingyxp2

so I still have to wait two more weeks from now..? Speechless
status just changed to 'in progress'
and on the 12th of this month I was supposed to get my second 50$ credit! haha
FARZIN1
I'm a Participant Level 3

pingyxp2, your status will probably be changed to SHIPPED in 2-4 days. Then you will get a UPS tracking number which you will be able to track your iPhone 5. Mine took 2 days to go from SHIPPED to DELIVERED. And now I'm waiting for the call (which should only take a day or 2)

so you'll get it in about a week if things go as smoothly as they are going recently.

pingyxp2

hey there, again!

status just changed to shipped but the tracking number does not work! what should I understand from that? the device is already at the store and the number is no longer valid, or it haven`t really left from anywhere so there`s no point in that number, yet?

@pingyxp2 wrote:

hey there, again!

status just changed to shipped but the tracking number does not work! what should I understand from that? the device is already at the store and the number is no longer valid, or it haven`t really left from anywhere so there`s no point in that number, yet?

Hey pingyxp2!

It is normal that the tracking number will not show anything at the beginning. There's a slight delay for it to be updated with UPS. I'd suggest checking later or tomorrow morning. 

DannyGrosman

Havent gone down a single spot since Thursday night! I am at 174 for the 16gb black, and I usually go down so much on the weekends. Anyone know why there hasnt been any movement this weekemd?

DannyGrosman

Nevermind. Just moved to "in progress" Smiley
777kristaa
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I went to the store Friday (Nov 9) and my phone was there. When they looked on the list I could saw the date on the sheet and that it had actually arrived on Nov. 3 like the tracking e-mail said even though I never received an e-mail on November 3 or a phone call from the store. And when I went in last Tuesday the guy had also said that my phone hadn't come in yet so the only explanation is that he didn't take a good look at the list. Anyways, I have my phone now and love it! So from the time I reserved my phone to picking it up it took almost 6 weeks. It would have taken 5 weeks had the store called me to say the phone came in and Fido e-mailed me. The guy at Fido who was setting up my phone even admitted that the system is a bit of a mess and disorganized right now because the demand is so high and said it is "hard" for them to keep up. 

So my advice is that if you are about to reserve now don't or have just reserved and have not earned the $50 credit yet, drop out. Try going into a store first. A friend of mine is with Telus and he just went into the store one day and walked out with an iPhone 5. I had been on the waiting list for 4 weeks at that point. But if you have waited a long time already, stick it out, because with each 2 weeks you are making $50.

777kristaa

I got a text November 2 saying that my phone had shipped but never recieved an e-mail. November 7 I went to the Fido store where I'm supposed to be picking it up and they hadn't received it yet. Today (Nov. 😎 I just got an e-mail saying my phone has been shipped and gave me a tracking number. Apparently my phone arrived November 3 and they will hold my phone until November 9 (tomorrow)!! However, at the very bottom of the e-mail it says this, "Important: Please note that for some store locations, phones are shipped to a regional warehouse instead of directly to the store. In these cases, the tracking information will end at the warehouse that will then forward the phone to the store." So it could be true that my phone wasn't there yesterday. So basically I have to hope my phone is at the store tomorrow because technically they are only holding it until the 9th? And I still haven't received a phone call from the store. 

This is ridiculous!

dowding

777kristaa, exact same thing here. I will try and phone the actual store today (they never answer) and see whats up.

FARZIN1

my phone went from IN PROGRESS to SHIPPED on Nov 7. and I just checked UPS tracking system. It has been DELIVERED today at 3:01.

But on the bottom it says delivered location is Concord. My store is in Aurora. Does that mean I still have to wait until I get a call, or does DELIVERED mean that it's been delivered to my desired store???
Dreey

I just got my new iPhone!!!

I am SOOOO happy Very_Happy I bought a white 32go... it took 3 weeks and an halft to get it!

10yearfido
I'm an Expert Level 2

My 32GB black, ordered on oct 3, went to in progress on oct 28. Just got my shipment emails and SMS 5 minutes ago. Hopefully the store gets it this weekend.
10yearfido
I'm an Expert Level 2

gotagog a call from the store my unit is in. Finally. Was very fast once it hit shipping status.

Benoit71A

My phone shipped yesterday and I got a call today that I can go get it. I have to wait, though, as I am out of town.
10yearfido
I'm an Expert Level 2

@Benoit71A wrote:
My phone shipped yesterday and I got a call today that I can go get it. I have to wait, though, as I am out of town.

Yep. I likley won't be able to get into the store now until Monday. Had it come in on Friday I would have it now. But not a big deal after waiting a month.

Dreey

I haven't moved todat. Do you think I will tomorrow ? I'm 170 and I'd like to drop to "in progress" so I couls receive it next week...
10yearfido
I'm an Expert Level 2

@Dreey wrote:
I haven't moved todat. Do you think I will tomorrow ? I'm 170 and I'd like to drop to "in progress" so I couls receive it next week...

Mine went down to about 200 last Saturday. By Sunday changed to In Progress and on Friday it was shipped and arrived today (saturday). So you could have it next week.

MX3478T

I am just updating you as to my weekly status, as I have been logining in once a day to check status 

ORDERED BLACK IPHONE 5 64GB

SUNDAY OCTOBER 21,2012        797 STATUS OPEN

MONDAY                                            794  STATUS OPEN

TUESDAY                                          618 STATUS OPEN

WEDNESDAY                                   614 STATUS OPEN

THURSDAY                                       613 STATUS OPEN

FRIDAY                                              474 STATUS OPEN

SATURDAY                                       335 STATUS OPEN

SUNDAY  OCTOBER 28                 194 STATUS OPEN

MONDAY                                             194 STATUS OPEN

TUESDAY                                            192 STATUS OPEN

WEDNESDAY                                      191 STATUS OPEN

THURSDAY                                         191 STATUS OPEN

FRIDAY                                                  IN PROGRESS

SO FAR IT HAS BEEN 10 DAYS FOR ME, THE $50 CREDIT ONLY COUNTS BUSINESS DAYS NOT WEEKENDS

HOPING TO GET A SHIPPING NOTICE SOON AND PICK BY THURSDAY-FRIDAY