Whats your position in line for iPhone 5 ?

Service interruption

An update for our valued customers: We know you depend on us and on April 19, we let you down - for this we are truly sorry. You won’t be charged for your wireless services that were impacted on Monday, April 19. A credit equivalent to that day's wireless service fee will be applied to your May bill. This will be done automatically & no action is required by you.

Click here to read more

benbenben2012
I'm Helpful Level 1

Iam at 1361 now! Was 1802 yesterday! :womanlol:

505 REPLIES 505
archc22
I'm Helpful Level 1

iPhone 5 16gb

Sept 18 reserved was like 3800

4 weeks ago - 2700

3 weeks ago - 1800

2 weeks ago - 1400

Last week - 1370

Now - In progress

That is my timeline

Rosieb77
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Cant believe it .. stopped checking the numbers a couple of days ago (was 2000 ish) and checked today and dropped 1000 positions. WoW .. looks like they finally got a shippment.

Behram
I'm a Contributor Level 2

I wish I don't get it this week. So I can collect me 100$ fido credit :D. 

MPoeG

That's the most popular model, you're gonna be waiting awhile.

cancel077

Just so you guys have an idea of how many people got their turn to get the iphone 5.... I was 407 in line today for the 16gb black and now im in "in progress".. Got my 100 bucks credit last friday so its finally good timing to get the phone!

Anybody knows how long it takes to get "shipped" from "in progress"?
soccerplayer
I'm a Participant Level 2

I never received my weekly update on my iphone 5 position in line (Which I should have received on friday), so I have no idea what number I am in line and what my status is. I tried calling them to see if they could tell me but they said they have no idea...

katieyak82
I'm a Participant Level 3

Log into your fido account and click the yellow button that says phone reservation. It'll take a few seco des to load but your position in line will be right there.
archc22
I'm Helpful Level 1

1400 a few hrs ago.. now in progress lol??

10yearfido
I'm an Expert Level 2

@Mikecccccccc wrote:

@jlits wrote:

Sitting at 1374 for 32gb...been 2 weeks already started at 1816 dropped down to 1400 quickly and since has moved one spot a day. Who else reserved the 32gb and where are you sitting. 

I've had a similar experience. I ordered 2 weeks ago today, started around 1800, quickly dropped to 1450ish after the first week, and am now sitting at at 1426 for the 32 GB black. It seems I drop a couple spots a day, probably people bailing on the reservation. 

I found pretty much the same thing. I ordered on Oct 4, also the 32GB in black. I started at 2645 and by Oct 6 I was down to 1685, a drop of almost 1000 in 2 days. I was doubting I would get my $50 credit if they were filling earlier orders that quickly. It slowed a little right after that but was still falling at a pretty good clip. By Oct 15 I was down to 1193, so almost 500 in 9 days. Since then it has been a snail pace. Some days it doesn't drop at all and on other it might drop by 1 or 2. I am down to 1177 now, so only 16 spots down in 8 days. 

I agree that the current pace is likely due to people canceling orders and if not for those that we would still be where we were a week ago. Seems like Fido is no longer filling orders, at least for this model. Guess I still have 9 days to go, so it seems like I will get the other $50 credit, but at the current rate of ~2/day, I will be waiting until sometime in early 2014.

Aris

Fido can simply honor the credits promised for customers that purchase in store or at an Apple kiosk. Charging customers ($40) to avoid hassle and lineups and not delivering is a huge fail on Fido's part.
LucidEvening
I'm Qualified Level 1

@Aris wrote:
Fido can simply honor the credits promised for customers that purchase in store or at an Apple kiosk. Charging customers ($40) to avoid hassle and lineups and not delivering is a huge fail on Fido's part.

The $40 is refunded back to you. Fido is not really making revenue off of the reservation fee. Especially with the reduced iPhone production at Foxconn, Fido is really losing money from the credits they're giving out.

_________________________________________________________________________________________
iPhone 5 - White 16 GB
katieyak82

I think it's time I switch carriers, to be honest. If I switch now I'd get the phone in a week, unlike fido's **bleep** system of treating their customers as if they have no other options. 

LucidEvening
I'm Qualified Level 1

Didn't move at all this weekend. Still 1314 for a 16 GB iPhone 5 White.

_________________________________________________________________________________________
iPhone 5 - White 16 GB
LucidEvening
I'm Qualified Level 1

They should also have a free upgrade to the next model up... For example, if you ordered a 16 GB White iPhone 5, they should give you the 32 GB White iPhone 5 with no extra charge for waiting. Telus did something similar to this.

iPhone 5 - White 16 GB
Aris

If they honored the credits if you found in store that would be great.  It still does not make sense to have a reservation system and not fill those orders first.

And if we are speaking facts just look on the main Fido webpage and your # in the queue.

Behram
I'm a Contributor Level 2

371 - > 271 iphone 5 64GB. Did they get a shipment on Sunday or something. Might be people leaving the line. Anyway for those in montreal, Point-Claire Apple Store has a lot of 16 GB in stock. 

MPoeG

Seems to be so, my position in line went from 191 to 82.  Feels nice to be close; I say it'll probably ship by late next week.

MX3478T
I'm a Participant Level 2

i placed my reservation for  IPHONE 5 64GB BLACK, this afternoon got an email a couple hours laters

STATUS AS OF NOW 

OPEN

POSITION 797

LucidEvening
I'm Qualified Level 1

Seems like Fido got nothing this weekend... I'm losing my patience now... Sad

iPhone 5 - White 16 GB
kat02

Join the club

MAK99

Sure appears Fido got nothing this week... my patience ran out more than 2 weeks ago.. now its just if i get it before christmas or not!!