Whats your position in line for iPhone 5 ?

Service interruption

An update for our valued customers: We know you depend on us and on April 19, we let you down - for this we are truly sorry. You won’t be charged for your wireless services that were impacted on Monday, April 19. A credit equivalent to that day's wireless service fee will be applied to your May bill. This will be done automatically & no action is required by you.

Click here to read more

benbenben2012
I'm Helpful Level 1

Iam at 1361 now! Was 1802 yesterday! :womanlol:

505 REPLIES 505
ctct
I'm a Participant Level 2

I was the one at 7018. I found one at Future Shop last night and picked it up. Cancelled my reservation. Definitely the best way to go!!

Bouncerella11
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Early 2013 lol if you are lucky. I reserved 5 weeks ago and started at 5600, now I am 1070
farihabhatti
I'm a Participant Level 1

my position is 28, but its been like this for a week now. Im getting so impatient, its seems like ive been waiting FOREVER! hopefully i get by this week. 

LucidEvening
I'm Qualified Level 1

Seems like they got shipments for the iPhone afterall. Unfortunately for me though, I ordered the 16 GB White iPhone 5 and it seems like they haven't got any shipments of that since 1 week ago.

_________________________________________________________________________________________
iPhone 5 - White 16 GB
eccentrix

Reserved on 21st of Sept. passed the 28th day mark last friday, since then I have barely moved more than 5 spots over the wknd... Currently still 1149 for white iphone 5 16g.. Dont think I will get it for another month or so.. Should I still be waiting or just leave fido since I am not on contract?

spiral8
I'm a Participant Level 3

This coming Saturday I'll hit the 28 day mark. So I'll have $100 credit...which is nice, but pointless seeing as it doesn't kick in until I activate the phone, whenever that might be. When I got in line I was 7331st. I'm now 5018th in line, and like everyone else, the line has all but stopped and I'm sure I'm only moving up as others drop out. At that current rate of progress, I "may" get my iPhone 5 by 2014, or when the iPhone 5S or iPhone 6 come out. Which ever happens first. 

One thing I would like to point out though is that Fido is making a killing on interest from the $40 reservation fee we all paid. That's alot of cash they've probably got stowed away in a high interest bank account while they continue to drag their feet and not get us our iPhones.

I've never had a problem with Fido before. I've been with Fido for years, and my nearly $200 of Fido dollars is a testament to that fact. But this is quickly turining into an embarrasment and I'm starting to wonder if there's a phone company out there that will treat me better.  

genmar73

- They have some of our $ as a reservation fee

- The reservation line has for all intent and purpose...stalled

- They have devices in stores (and not giving them to reservees)

add to that

- They'll how us 100$ worth of credit BUT ONLY if we stay in the reservation line (for what, months ?)...when speaking about thechnology...months = eternity

So what should we think of all of this ?   

LucidEvening
I'm Qualified Level 1

@genmar73 wrote:

- They have some of our $ as a reservation fee

- The reservation line has for all intent and purpose...stalled

- They have devices in stores (and not giving them to reservees)

add to that

- They'll how us 100$ worth of credit BUT ONLY if we stay in the reservation line (for what, months ?)...when speaking about thechnology...months = eternity

So what should we think of all of this ?   

- The reservation fee is actually refunded upon receiving your iPhone.

- I agree that the line is slow as heck, but that is due to Apple's increase in QC at Foxconn, rendering less produced iPhone 5(s) than produced before.

- They do have stock and they do prefer giving it to new customers because they get comission on that. However, if your able to ask a Fido rep about the new iPhone 5, they may end up activating one for you when you tell them you want to upgrade (which at that point, they would probably have to end up activating -> they can't turn back a customer, that wouldn't look good)

-$100 credit for waiting a long time for a smartphone that has reduced production

Honestly, I am losing patience too. However, with the stock and production vs. demand, I think the waiting is worth it. If not, jump ship. This is pretty much out of Fido's hands. I'm sure FIdo stores have stock, but not enough for every reservee.

_________________________________________________________________________________________
iPhone 5 - White 16 GB
genmar73

@Lucidevening :

- The reservation fee is actually refunded upon receiving your iPhone. (exactly, thus...incentive for us to stay in the waiting line for as long as necessary...this does not place any burden upon Fido's shoulder...and yes...the 40$, even a small number, is actually working for them)

- I agree that the line is slow as heck, but that is due to Apple's increase in QC at Foxconn, rendering less produced iPhone 5(s) than produced before. (reason enough to strongly encourage them to give the actual stocks in stores to the...em...«valuable customers» that we are)

- They do have stock and they do prefer giving it to new customers because they get comission on that. However, if your able to ask a Fido rep about the new iPhone 5, they may end up activating one for you when you tell them you want to upgrade (which at that point, they would probably have to end up activating -> they can't turn back a customer, that wouldn't look good) (so whats the point of creating a reservation line if you allow guys to cut through it ? = fail)

-$100 credit for waiting a long time for a smartphone that has reduced production (1- we will only get if IF we stay in line...for months...again...no real $ burden for them many guys will quit thus no credit to give. 2- as weeks go by...Iphone 5S or whatever is getting ever nearer...and the price actually paid for the Iphone5...too pricy...at some point...the waiting time will outbalance the 100$ credit)

Anyway thats just my 2cents Happy

1- Yes, I'm a bit */-**

2- But from a logical point of view...it might be to Fido's (short term) $ interest not to speed up the waiting line at this point because 1 guy that leaves the cue = 100$ that stays in Fido's pocket.

3- As another poster said, charging for a service that does not deliver is fail business.

jlits
I'm Experienced Level 2

Sitting at 1374 for 32gb...been 2 weeks already started at 1816 dropped down to 1400 quickly and since has moved one spot a day. Who else reserved the 32gb and where are you sitting. 

Aesen

This is my third werk 32 gb black im # 824. The line is reducing really slow!
Mikecccccccc

@jlits wrote:

Sitting at 1374 for 32gb...been 2 weeks already started at 1816 dropped down to 1400 quickly and since has moved one spot a day. Who else reserved the 32gb and where are you sitting. 

I've had a similar experience. I ordered 2 weeks ago today, started around 1800, quickly dropped to 1450ish after the first week, and am now sitting at at 1426 for the 32 GB black. It seems I drop a couple spots a day, probably people bailing on the reservation. 

YoLoKiD
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I was at 1496 yesterday and dropped to 1296 just today, I think they got the shippment that usually comes on the weekend.
crazycirce

I started around 2300ish on September 29 for the 32gb black, down to 399 today (dropped 200 overnight after only going down by 3-4 in 5 days). I'm crossing my fingers for the extra $50 but knowing my luck I'll end up getting my phone shipped a day before Confused

(oh well between my fido dollars, $50 courtesy credit for going on contract and the credits for waiting a month they are paying ME to have this phone LOL)

jsuites

I reserved a 32GB Black 4 weeks ago today. As of this morning I had been stalled at around 170 in line for just over a week, and today I received a text message advising that I would receive my second $50 credit.

Just checked my status and I am now "In Progress", so I guess things are moving again now. Seems like I got the second $50 credit just in time....

10yearfido
I'm an Expert Level 2

Yup, looks like they received 200 of the 32gb black today.
thedoc

That is good news. I'm wondering when the shipment for the white model might be. I'am currently sitting at 215 and I haven't moved in about two business weeks. any idea anyone how much longer ?
Behram
I'm a Contributor Level 2

I was 371 on Monday Morning. I just saw that I am at 102 ihone  black 64 GB. Hoping for next weekend Very_Happy

ffdgdfg

I don't know my position in line because I have made reservation on the phone. Could someone who have done reservation 2 weeks ago, tell me which position he is ?
10yearfido
I'm an Expert Level 2

@ffdgdfg wrote:
I don't know my position in line because I have made reservation on the phone. Could someone who have done reservation 2 weeks ago, tell me which position he is ?

Every colour and capacity has it's own queue. You'll need to post your capacity and colour for anyone to be able to give you even a rough idea...assuming someone else that reads there boards ordered the identical model around the same time.

ffdgdfg

iphone 5 16 Black