Whats your position in line for iPhone 5 ?

Service interruption

An update for our valued customers: We know you depend on us and on April 19, we let you down - for this we are truly sorry. You won’t be charged for your wireless services that were impacted on Monday, April 19. A credit equivalent to that day's wireless service fee will be applied to your May bill. This will be done automatically & no action is required by you.

Click here to read more

benbenben2012
I'm Helpful Level 1

Iam at 1361 now! Was 1802 yesterday! :womanlol:

505 REPLIES 505
MustafaEl
I'm a Contributor Level 1

@cd_gjm wrote:

@LucidEvening wrote:

It's interesting how Fido now says that over 6000 people have received shipping notices for the iPhone 5, while Rogers boasts 21 000... I guess the "Big 3" carriers are getting priority than the smaller "sub-division" ones such as Fido...

The priority would just be a decision on Roger's part to decide how to direct inventory. Obviously they make sure they take care of their Teir 1 clients first. I am pretty sure Fido is treated as their Teir 2 inexpencive label, hence the cheeper deals and questionable service.

I have heard from a source that is why FIDO didn't release the 32GB and 64GB right away, cuz Rogers Customers were given first dibs. 

Also in Rogers eyes FIDO is their lower end brand. 

benbenben2012
I'm Helpful Level 1

Personaly I really like Fido, I almost drop them the 1st day iPhone5 was on for reservation because they had only 16gb but they corrected their decision and I sticked with them afterward. I always got good service when I called them or chatted with them... The prices are good too. 

johnny92
I'm a Participant Level 2

32gb white shipped today!!!
MustafaEl

I am #99 for a 64 GB Black

genmar73
I'm a Participant Level 3

Hi,

I was wondering...

I'm 5500 and some more on the waiting list...down about 1k since last friday..

Is there something I don't get because I was on the impression that a company like Fido would be able to work a couple K units...per day...espescially for a massivelly produced product like an Iphone5.

Heck...did Fido only had roughly 1k units in stock ?

Thanks

@genmar73

I guess Fido do what they can with the stock they receive from Apple... Dont forget Apple break a record with the iPhone5, they got milions of reservations... People over in China can't work faster than they are already doing.

Patience... I know, we all want it now, me the 1st

genmar73

@Benben

I hear you but...but I guess I'll wait anyway 😛

Since yesterday it seems its all very slow for many of us... I think Fido is short on iPhone5 because Apple have some difficulties to absorb all the demand... We will need to be patient! :robotvery-happy:

i was 500th this morning and Iam onlu 498th right now... I gain 2 positions all day... today and yesterday are slowest since I reserved

sl149q

1300 -> 150 Last Friday.

-> 96 Saturday

-> 88 Sunday

-> 86 Monday

Still at 86 today.

Waiting for a 32GB Black.

KDW
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

I was 1396 a week ago Sunday, but I'm now #128.  We'll see if it actually comes in this week.  Fingers crossed! I'm running on a 3Gs.

mo3
I'm a Contributor Level 2

If these "position in line" numbers are nation wide, how come they only go down by 20 numbers a day !

Is Fido only getting 20-30 devices for customers who reserved ? Orrrrr

Most devices are given to customers at the store ?!

ddungbo

I reserved 32 GB black. I was 1200-something when I reserved around the 15th. Dropped to ~130 by Friday morning, ticked down to 120 through that day, dropped suddenly to ~35 by Sat night, and is now 29.

I'm guessing that Fido gets big shipments of phones at a time, and the big drops are when they get shipments. On Thur/Fri that was the first set of pre-orders, on Sat night that was another smaller shipment. The individual ticks down (from 30 to 29, etc) are most likely other people who were ahead of you in line, but cancelled their reservation.

Assuming this is true, expect the drops in your position in line to be sporadic.

I called my Fido store yesterday and the girl over there told me they are receiving iPhone5 EVERY DAY and they are ALL reserved...

ddungbo

benbenben, I'm assuming that Fido is receiving shipments from Apple in one or a few central places. When, say, 100 phones of a particular type arrive, Fido removes 100 people from the waiting list for that phone, so everyone else's place in line moves up by 100. Those phones then get packaged up and sent out to stores as requested by the reservers. This would explain the sudden jumps in the waiting list, as well as the fairly constant stream of phones coming in every day at each store -- allowing for the fact that they wouldnt' all be sent out simultaneously, they wouldn't all travel at the same rate, and they may be coming from multiple places.

Mtbga

ddungbo:  that seems logical but I don't think that is the case.  I was #23 for a blk 16GB...to be picked up at the Eaton Centre.  Find it hard to believe that less that 23 of these types have been available at this location (based on my assumption that this is one of their busier stores).--or indeed all of Canada! There must be some reason/logic for how this works but not sure what!

ddungbo

Mtbga, I think the numbers are nationwide. When were you #23?

Mtbga

I was 23 as of last Thursday.  I was originally somewhere in the 200s on the first day of orders and then it just filtered down during the week.  I am tempted to call Fido to ask what on earth is going on.  If I was #1000 in line or something I could understand the wait.  The fact that it was 23 make brings my impatience to the forefront!

ChaozUT

I have a feeling Fido might be out of iPhones right now (at least the 16GB Black), and we may have to wait for Apple to ship their next batch before we get any Sad I read on the news that apparently Apple is currently sold out? (5million+) My position in line moved from 269-262 in the past 36 hours, and that is probably only due to people cancelling their reservation ahead of me...

yeah I was 500th this morning now iam 498th... its moving super slowly... yesterday was the same... I gain 10 positions yesterday.

:catsurprised:

Fido say that after 14 days they give you 50$ for thanking you for your patience...

Next monday will be the 14th days mark for me

mitm

benbenben2012, Its actually 14 days from reservation or device release (whichever is later) so even if you reserved before the 21st its still 14 days from the 21st because thats when it was released.