What makes Fido different than the other companies?

Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 1

What makes Fido different than the other companies?

Hello everybody,

I didn't search for an answer yet, my frustration with Fido it's still... whatever.

My question is very simple: is there any difference between Fido and the other companies like Bell, Telus, Wind etc.? I mean in a good way, not just the signal, which is not a problem for me because 99.9% I'm using my phone in the city.

Why, after almost 10 years with Fido, I would still stay with them even if they don't care about me at all?

Would someone give me (at least) one reason?

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solution

Re: What makes Fido different than the other companies?

Hey @icntf

I want to start off by assuring you that we absolutely do care about you! We care for all of our customers. Smiley 

Here are a few things that puts us apart from other carriers:

- Fido LiveANSWERS: When you call Fido, it's easy to skip the machine and speak with a live representative.

- FidoTRADE: You can save more money on a new phone when you trade in your current phone!

- Fido Device Protection: We offer options to protect your device against loss, damage, and out-of-warranty malfunction issues.

What makes you feel like we don't care? Is there anything we can help you with?

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 9
Highlighted
Solution

Hey @icntf

I want to start off by assuring you that we absolutely do care about you! We care for all of our customers. Smiley 

Here are a few things that puts us apart from other carriers:

- Fido LiveANSWERS: When you call Fido, it's easy to skip the machine and speak with a live representative.

- FidoTRADE: You can save more money on a new phone when you trade in your current phone!

- Fido Device Protection: We offer options to protect your device against loss, damage, and out-of-warranty malfunction issues.

What makes you feel like we don't care? Is there anything we can help you with?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 9
Highlighted

Hi @FidoPierre

Thank you very much for the reply. 

- "Fido LiveANSWERS" it's a very good thing and I do appreciate for being able to get in contact very fast with a Fido agent.

- "FidoTRADE" doesn't apply to me because my 2 unlocked iPhone 4S's have more value if I keep them. And I already bought 2 new smart phones...

- "Fido Device Protection" it's something that I'm not interested in yet. If Fido will accept my Fido dollars, then maybe...

So, let me tell you why I feel this way about Fido:

2-3 weeks ago I called Fido to ask for a modification in my current plan (I have an older plan and no contract). I asked if I can get voice message, who called and Canada wide calling. The agent was very friendly and courteous and she tried to help me, but at that time was nothing she could do for me because all the loyalty programs were deleted and she told me that in 2-3 weeks (which is today) Fido will have some new things for us, the loyal customers.

Today I called again. I asked the agent to read my file to have an idea about what I want. After few minutes she told me that in order to have "who called" and "voice message" I have to pay MORE money. I'm already paying Fido as much as a monthly payment for a new car (I have 2 phone lines), but Fido wants moooorrre money. And, on top of that, I'm going to lose my (almost) 200 Fido dollars because I can't buy anything except some travel packs, I can't pay my bill but I can get a s****y phone which it's locked in Fido network. Such a joke, right? My Fido dollars, but I can't use them. Nice trick, Fido...! Wink

I asked the agent if there's any manager, or someone in the Loyalty Dept., or Customer Retention Dept. who can help me somehow? She said NO, and... that's it!

So, yeah, this is my recent experience with Fido. Fido is changing, but in the same way that Apple is changing: doing NOTHING for their loyal customers. 

So, again, why would I still stay with Fido when Wind has almost everything unlimited for $40? Or why not go with Telus who will give me a discount because I have other services with them? After few years with Fido, what am I getting? A price increase...! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 9
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @icnff, 

Thanks for your reply. I'm really sorry to learn that you feel this way. We pride ourselves in helping our customers and providing amazing customer service. Keep in mind though that we can only offer you options, plans and services that we have available.

We certainly don't want to see you go. I'll send you a PM shortly so we can go over your options Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 9
Highlighted

Hello again everybody,

Thank you Fido Team for making me happy again. And, what is more interesting, I've got a better plan next day after I wrote this post on the forum. Since yesterday, I'm on a new plan, way better than the one I had. 

I waited until yesterday just because of the billing cycle and I didn't want to combine the old plan with the new one. Actually, I didn't want to have any billing complication(s) at all.

Fido, thank you again!

Wink

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 9
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey icntf! We're very, very glad to hear that you're happy! Smiley

You are super welcome! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 9
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 2

The main difference between fido and other company is other company cares about a little bit but fido cares 0%.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 9
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @SHK7, we're sorry that you feel this way. We're still here if you want to talk to us about anything.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 9
Highlighted

I think I have got the same reply after all my post.
But the really sad part is this is as far as it goes.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 9