What happens if I let my contract expire?

SOLVED
MainDanny
I'm a Participant Level 3

My contract will come to an end in another 4 months.

Im looking at two options

1) Let the contract expire - In this case what happens next? Please advise

2) I'm also exploring terminating in about 1/2 months if the early termination fee is nominal and if the remaining installments due fits within my budget (I still have to do the math). How can I terminate with minimal or zero fees? Please advsie.

Ive not had much problems except for some weak signals in my building on weekends.

Accepted Solution

Re: What happens if I let my contract expire?

Solved by MVP MVP

Hello @MainDanny,

@MainDanny wrote:

After your contract expires nothing happens your account remains the same, you will now be on month to month and contract free. 

2) I'm also exploring terminating in about 1/2 months if the early termination fee is nominal and if the remaining installments due fits within my budget (I still have to do the math). How can I terminate with minimal or zero fees? Please advsie.

If you want to cancel your contract you will just have to pay off the remaining balance of whats owed for the device you got. To check the balance login to my account section click on the number your want to cancel then on the next page look at the bottom where it says "Upgrade Today Fee:" that would be the fee you need to pay if you want to cancel today.

The only way to pay zero fees is to wait for the contract to end.

If there is something you need in terms of plan or price you can speak to customer service and see if they can do anything for you before you cancel.

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
KAPABLE-K
MVP

Hello @MainDanny,

@MainDanny wrote:

After your contract expires nothing happens your account remains the same, you will now be on month to month and contract free. 

If you want to cancel your contract you will just have to pay off the remaining balance of whats owed for the device you got. To check the balance login to my account section click on the number your want to cancel then on the next page look at the bottom where it says "Upgrade Today Fee:" that would be the fee you need to pay if you want to cancel today.

The only way to pay zero fees is to wait for the contract to end.

If there is something you need in terms of plan or price you can speak to customer service and see if they can do anything for you before you cancel.