What does 50 cent per day unlimited messaging mean?

SOLVED
GZ44
I'm a Participant Level 3

Hi, I currently have a fido prepaid phone and I'm thinking about getting the 50 cent per day unlimited text messaging add-on. Does this mean that I pay 50 cents every day that I text or does that mean I pay 50 cents per day everyday even if I don't text that day? It sounds like a good add-on, but if I have to pay 50 cents when I don't text, then that means paying $15 per month! Also, does "unlimited" include picture and video? Please answer ASAP, thanks!

Accepted Solution

Re: What does 50 cent per day unlimited messaging mean?

Solved by Moderator

Hi there GZ44,

It's 0.50$ daily for Unlimited text messages to Canadian wireless numbers. The fee will apply each day, regardless of whether you use the service of not.

This service does not includes picture/video messages. We currently do not offer picture/video message add-ons for prepaid. Each picture/video message you send in Canada will be billed 0.50$, and 0.75$ for those sent abroad.

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
FidoStephane

Hi there GZ44,

It's 0.50$ daily for Unlimited text messages to Canadian wireless numbers. The fee will apply each day, regardless of whether you use the service of not.

This service does not includes picture/video messages. We currently do not offer picture/video message add-ons for prepaid. Each picture/video message you send in Canada will be billed 0.50$, and 0.75$ for those sent abroad.

Jayowend
I'm a Participant Level 2

But if it charges 0.5 each day (even I don't use each day), then it will be $15 per month. Then but why people choose this option since unlimited texting is only $10 per mo??!!
Roskov
I'm Qualified Level 1

I would assume because you can have it for maybe like 10 days and then just cancel it.