What Happen Fido?

What Happen Fido?

What Happen Fido?

SOLVED
kdoan87
I'm a Contributor Level 1

What Happen Fido?

Hi Community/FIDO,

I've called in to the call center 3 times this past couple days, I am getting different answers from all sorts of agents. I dont know who to believe anymore.

1 - Is the loyalty retention department still available? Because I was told on all my calls in the past couple days all frontline/customer service reps are now retentions department. We have closed our retentions team.

2- If this is so, FIDO really needs to bring back the rententions department. This by far is the worst contract renewal this time around. Im really dissapointed that we were only 1GB of data away from a solution, and waiving a $15 fee. Because this couldnt be accomplished I will be moving services away from FIDO.

10 years of customer loyalty doesnt really mean anything anymore. Sad to see this is happening.

Thanks,

Kevin Doan.

"I just want solutions not more problems"

Accepted Solution

Re: What Happen Fido?

Solved by Moderator

Hey @kdoan87 and welcome to the community Smiley

We appreciate the loyalty of all our customers and always want to offer them the absolute best deals possible! 

That said, the majority of our agents are loyalty trained and can assist you with your request without having to transfer you to any other agent or department. We aim for first call resolution and this reduces wait times for you as you can right away reach an agent that can help you out with your entire transaction!

In terms of the $15 transaction fee, it applies for the processing of your request. This fee helps us cover the costs of managing and restocking the inventory of phones and SIM Cards as well as processing orders plus shipping and handling. As you've been with us for quite a while, I'm sure you remember the fee used to be $25 when a hardware upgrade was done. We've reviewed our costs and fees and have reduced it to just $15 so that our customers can pay even less Smiley It's a fee that we cannot waive on our end as it does serve a purpose.

Of course, you do have some alternatives. You can now do your hardware upgrade online via Fido.ca and the fee is waived! You can read more about that right here.

I hope this info helps out, don't hesitate if you have other questions!

View solution in context
14 REPLIES 14
kdoan87

Hi Fido,

Rather then speaking to frontline agents "trained in Loyalty". How does one reach the loyalty department, I know there are a whole lot of people probably dying to hear this answer as well.

Thanks

Kevin D.

Hey @kdoan87

What Nick meant by loyalty trained is that all of our agents are trained to treat all types of requests. This helps reduce unnecessary transfers and resolve your call quickly.

Unless you're calling for technical support, you'll speak with a representative that has access to all of our loyalty offers.

Hope that clarifies! Smiley

kdoan87

Hi Fido,

You don't get my point here. It seems like you are all avoiding the question here and are trained to say the same thing over and over and avoiding the question. How do I reach loyalty department as it clearly still exist. I don't want to deal with the front line agents. I want a specialized Loyalty Rep like back in the old days; Transferred or call into their department avoid the whole confusion of who is who.

Thanks,

Kevin D.

Hey @kdoan87

We certainly don't want to give you the impression that you are not talking to the loyalty department already.

We would be happy to take care of everything with you.

We replied to your PM Smiley

kdoan87

Hi Kenny,

Same answers as previous agents. Just spun a different way. Still not answering my question. Why am I asking how customers can reach out to the loyalty department? I am asking because everyone wants to reach that department and if we are being denied to be transferred over, why is that? If i want to speak with loyalty department instead of the front line agents, FIDO customers should have a way to be transferred to them. Call me old school, but I prefer to talk to someone in a Loyalty and Retentions Department. I am all about creating jobs and not about consolidating another persons job onto someone else and making them "All In One solution". You call Telus, Shaw, Bell, the list goes on, there are still Loyalty and Retentions Department for a specific reason.

And with that said, when yourself and your colleagues replied back to me, are you from the Loyalty and Retentions Department?

You replied to my PM, but still have not answered my question.

Kevin D.

Hey again @kdoan87!

I assure you we're not avoiding your question in any way, and we've given you the correct answer.

Our goal is to provide an excellent customer service at all times for all our customers. When you call in and one of our LiveAnswers agents receive your call, they can help you with your entire request as they have all the necessary retention/loyalty training and access to all offers. We're basically a one-stop shop and when you call in you're essentially already speaking to our loyalty/retention department. 

If you'd like to continue to go over your options and the offerings we have, we'll continue in PM.

kdoan87

Hi Nick,

This will resolved my question for sure if i put it this way. Are you telling me Retention and Loyalty department no longer exists? I was told by your colleague it still exists and is still able to get to them.

Thanks

Kevin.

What we're saying is that when you call in, the department you reach handles all retention and loyalty requests. They definitely do still exist, however the agent you reach is part of this team.

If you have other questions for us, or want to continue looking over your options for a phone, we'll continue in PM.

kdoan87

Dear FIDO,

Situations like this is simple and can easily be avoided, if FIDO customers are informed of these changes.

Save us a lot of grief when it comes to getting the right information and or second guess ourselves.

I get it is a new world, corporate world, greed whatever you want to call it. It really comes down to is FIDO needs to save money so lets consolidate departments, and make our employees work harder for average wages. Sad sad world, its no longer about the people, its about what gives the Shareholders more $$.

Thanks for entertaining me for the past 10+ year. Sad to say I am leaving FIDO.

Kevin D.

Thanks for the feedback, and I'll definitely pass it along on my end. I truly am sad to hear that you feel this way about our company as this is definitely not the impression we want to give out!

We aim to be super transparent and try to remain as competitive as possible with all our offers and try to tailor to our customer's needs as best we can . We would really hate to see you go over this; if you have any other questions don't hesitate to reply to our latest PM and we can continue looking into your options Smiley

FidoNick

Hey @kdoan87 and welcome to the community Smiley

We appreciate the loyalty of all our customers and always want to offer them the absolute best deals possible! 

That said, the majority of our agents are loyalty trained and can assist you with your request without having to transfer you to any other agent or department. We aim for first call resolution and this reduces wait times for you as you can right away reach an agent that can help you out with your entire transaction!

In terms of the $15 transaction fee, it applies for the processing of your request. This fee helps us cover the costs of managing and restocking the inventory of phones and SIM Cards as well as processing orders plus shipping and handling. As you've been with us for quite a while, I'm sure you remember the fee used to be $25 when a hardware upgrade was done. We've reviewed our costs and fees and have reduced it to just $15 so that our customers can pay even less Smiley It's a fee that we cannot waive on our end as it does serve a purpose.

Of course, you do have some alternatives. You can now do your hardware upgrade online via Fido.ca and the fee is waived! You can read more about that right here.

I hope this info helps out, don't hesitate if you have other questions!

kdoan87

Hi Fido,

I appreciate the quick response. I am a bit peeve about the run around answers I'm getting from the agents then. It's a matter of integrity at the moment. I feel like as a loyal customer, we shouldn't need to hear answers like we got rid of loyalty department, and when asked to get transferred they all say I am loyalty department.... I don't know who to believe.

Also speaking with supervisor and they said there is no way to waive the $15 fees. Ill be honest right now, the only time I paid that $25 fee was when I started my contract with fido. And never after when I renewed my contracts. Fido has always been good to waive it for loyal customers. And now I find out there's an online waiver for the fee when the supervisor/manager agent out right said no one can waive this fee EVER.

At the moment, this is my last ditch effort to see if Fido Can help me out finding a resolution to my renewal. If not I hate to see 10 years loyalty mean nothing to Fido anymore.

Feel free to pm me or send me a name and number I can contact to further discuss my options for renewal. I'm tired of getting inconsistent answers and not getting a resolution on the first attempt.

Thanks,

Kevin D.

Hey @kdoan87

I am sorry to see you feel this way. I assure you we definitely do value you as a customer and I'll send you a PM so we can take a closer look into your account details together. Smiley 

KAPABLE-K
MVP

@kdoan87 Last I heard they do have a retention team and sometimes when you first call in it could go to them if they are not busy. I don't know if they made any changes recently. 

Hopefully a community moderator here can better assist you.