Went over my data

Went over my data

Went over my data

SOLVED
Natasha11
I'm a Participant Level 2

Went over my data

My 3 year old got ahold of my phone and went over my data plus 1mb in one day so now I have to wait a month to use data again. I have a 65$ plan I was wondering if their Is anything fido will do for you or how much I should look forward to paying? 

Accepted Solution

Re: Went over my data

Solved by Senior MVP Senior MVP

Hello Natasha11,

Welcome to the community!

KAPABLE-K wrote: ...

At this point if you need more data your only option is to take a data add-on until your cycle rests.

Just to clarify, your only option now (if you want to use data) is to continue to use data at your specified overage rate until your next billing cycle. Data Top-Ups can only be added before you reach your limit and Data Passes are only available to voice-only plans (see here). I believe Fido will send you a text when you reach $50 of overage. Once you reach $50, you will have to accept additional overage charges before you can continue with additional data.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
6 REPLIES 6
Alishkey4
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I'm constantly watching my data via my app and I got a message saying that I was about to use up data but then it'll reset on Dec. 13. So before the 13th, I turned off my data and got really carefuly. On Dec. 13 I started my data usage. But onthe 14th, it says I'm OVER MY DATA! I'm in the States now but my roaming is off as well as my LTE for phone/data. I shouldn't be over my data limiit, FIDO! I'm pretty sure it's coz my data/voice services didn't reset. And on top of all that, with this new 10GB data being offered, I can't even get through to a FIDO operator. Can you please fix it? 

FidoFaiza

Hi @Natasha11!

Did you figure out what your data overage rate is? If not, let us know and we will send you a PM to check it out. 

Thanks.

Natasha11
I'm a Participant Level 2

No I havent yet that would be great I think it's 5$ for 100mb 

PM coming your way! 

KAPABLE-K
MVP

Hello @Natasha11,

You will be billed for the overage according to the overage rate of your plan, if you login to the MY ACCOUNT section then click on the phone number you should see the overage rate listed there.

If your overage rate is $7 per 100mb then you will be billed an extra $7 for the 1mb of overage you used. 

At this point if you need more data your only option is to take a data add-on until your cycle rests.

Hello Natasha11,

KAPABLE-K wrote: ...

Just to clarify, your only option now (if you want to use data) is to continue to use data at your specified overage rate until your next billing cycle. Data Top-Ups can only be added before you reach your limit and Data Passes are only available to voice-only plans (see here). I believe Fido will send you a text when you reach $50 of overage. Once you reach $50, you will have to accept additional overage charges before you can continue with additional data.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers