Went over my data

Went over my data

Went over my data

SOLVED
Houss
I'm a Participant Level 3

Went over my data

I went over my data last month because my account shows me a new billing cycle started, while in reality I was on the last day of my billing cycle. And I got charged $10 extra. I didn't get the SMS from Fido. Did anyone run into the same issue. I feel this was not a fair practice and not happy with it. Thoughts?

Accepted Solution

Re: Went over my data

Solved by MVP MVP

@Houss If you did not receive the Data Top-Up SMS once you used up 90% of your monthly data, it's possible your plan is not eligible for Data Top-Ups. If that is the case, you will continue to use data at the overage data rate specified by your plan.

Did you ever receive the SMS in the past?

Your cycle start and end dates are always the same so it's highly unlikely for your situation to happen. If you saw that your account showing your new cycle starts in 0 days it means your on your last day and your cycle will reset the following day.

A moderator can PM you to verify the info.

View solution in context
7 REPLIES 7
FidoMegan
Former Moderator

Hey @Houss

As @KAPABLE-K mentioned, not all plans are compatible with the data tracker SMS. You can track your usage directly on your fido.ca My Account, through our mobile app or by dialing *3337 from your Fido phone to avoid going over. 

Where did you see that your billing cycle started but you were still on the last day? 

If you like me to look into it with you, let me know and I'll send you a PM. You can also reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter here for any account related questions. 

Houss

@megan, as @KAPABLE-K mentioned, I am not sure if I previously got the 90% data usage notification. But I think I have this setting in my account. And as he also mentioned it said cycle starts in 0 days which is misleading...
I changed my phone settings to reset my data counters on the 4th instead of 3rd of every month

@Houss it's not misleading at all, the system counts the days so when we are on the last day because its not a full day anymore it will show 0 days.

We can take a look at your account if you'd like @Houss , let us know ! 

Houss

@FidoRanya I would really appreciate it if you do. While you're at it can you double check if my plan has the 90% data usage notification please?
FidoAmanda
Former Moderator

Let's get on that, @Houss

We'll send you a PM shortly. 

KAPABLE-K
MVP

@Houss If you did not receive the Data Top-Up SMS once you used up 90% of your monthly data, it's possible your plan is not eligible for Data Top-Ups. If that is the case, you will continue to use data at the overage data rate specified by your plan.

Did you ever receive the SMS in the past?

Your cycle start and end dates are always the same so it's highly unlikely for your situation to happen. If you saw that your account showing your new cycle starts in 0 days it means your on your last day and your cycle will reset the following day.

A moderator can PM you to verify the info.