Website is a disgrace

I'm a Participant Level 2 thickener
I'm a Participant Level 2

Website is a disgrace

The fido re-design is a joke. It is ugly, slow, and requires me to disable both my adblock and anti-tracking extensions. No other site that i have to deal with requires this. It reflects _very_ poorly on fido. If the app wasn't just as slow & ugly, it might not be such a problem. Somehow it took me over ten minutes to reset my vm pin because i had to troublehsoot why this terrible website won't load content! You should be embarassed that this site is live at all, never mind that it's been this way for months.

Accepted Solution

Re: Website is a disgrace

Thanks for the feedback! We'll pass the message to our website team. Smiley

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 9
Former Moderator FidoTerry
Former Moderator

Hey @thickener,

Sorry you feel this about our website. We did make some major changes on the website and most of the issues are now fixed. You can check up the update on the progress here.

We're still working on the website to make sure everything runs smoothly. We're you able to make the changes you wanted finally? Smiley 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 9
I'm a Participant Level 2 thickener
I'm a Participant Level 2

THanks but no, i had to call in. Not exactly high-tech. And the issues are not fixed if i have to make my browser more insecure just to use your services. I use online banking, commerce, blogging, etc. No problems. Just your website. I recommend that your web team set up their test systems with Ad Block and Ghostery and work on the site until it can function properly. And then hire a designer with some taste. Sorry to be harsh but the site really needs a lot of work.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 9
Former Moderator FidoTerry
Former Moderator
Solution

Thanks for the feedback! We'll pass the message to our website team. Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 9
I'm a Contributor Level 1 Trevtb
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Agree very bad, hard to navigate, plans hard to search, not user friendly
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 9
I'm a Participant Level 1 mensrea
I'm a Participant Level 1

I could not agree more.

I avoid logginig on to the website as I'm never sure how much time it will take to load.

Right now I am trying to log in and the login screen (why do you need a pop-up screen for the login?) just hangs. If I close down the pop-up the screen it refreshes and magiaclly I am logged in (which really is a security no no)...... yet I am unable to see any information, just refresh icons.

It get worse after that - each time you progress to a new screen it has headers for information, yet the information is not there, to see the information you have to click on another drop down icon.....why?

Here's an example - go to MY ACCOUNT and select your Internet Service from the dropdorwn. You get nothing but spinning refrech icon until you also go to the Services dropdown and select Internet. Why?

And once you select Services>Internet  you get a very slow loading screen full of nothing.

Further down the page you see another Icon VIEW/CHANGE PACKAGE  - click on this and see what happens, one might be expecting the option to view or change your package, you would be wrong - you get this "Sorry about that!  There are no offers at the moment. Sorry about that!"

I could go on - viewing your bill online actually shows a different summary than the one you can print - it is quite literally unusable.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 9

Hi @mensrea!

Sorry to hear about the issues that you are having Sad 

Can I ask you to try accessing the website through a different browser? Also, make sure to clear your cache and cookies.

Let me know if you notice an improvement.

Thanks.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 9
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1 pclangemeyer
I'm a Participant Level 1

I have been trying to stomach this website for years and it never loads anything. I've used at least four different computers and several browsers--the website sucks on all of them. It's especially interesting because some content loads very quickly, but usage content--the stuff you wouldn't want me to see so that I go over my data, for instance--never loads. I've seen it one time, ever. I'm trying to upgrade my plan to give you more money and I can't because your website doesn't work... It boggles the mind.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 9

Hey @pclangemeyer,

Welcome to the Community! 

I am sorry to see you've been experiencing complications with our website. We don't currently have any known issues that would stop you from changing your plan or checking the usage. 

Can you tell us if you're getting an error message when trying to change your plan? If so, can you share the error message and at which step you see it? 

Are you able to see the usage when logged into the My Account App? 

Let us know. Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 9