Was never explained the first day billing

SOLVED
jiheejang1
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hey - seems like some like me have had similar problems in the past.

So I got my first cycle bill with around $30 extra charge for "first day data usage".

I understand that apprently the cycle starts the second day and that first day isn't part of the cycle, but I was never explained this and was told it's all good to go and fine to use. I think I've seen somesone mention they got their charge back - I feel like I wasn't explained properly and would like this to go away. Anyone know how or have done it ? Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Re: Was never explained the first day billing

Solved by Former Moderator FidoMaria

Hi @jheejang1 & welcome to the Community!

Since the day that you activated is usually the last day of your cycle, your usage is prorated. For example, if you have 1 GB in your plan, you'd only have about 34 MB available for that one day.

If you have any more questions or would like me to check out your account. Let me know. Smiley

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @jheejang1 & welcome to the Community!

Since the day that you activated is usually the last day of your cycle, your usage is prorated. For example, if you have 1 GB in your plan, you'd only have about 34 MB available for that one day.

If you have any more questions or would like me to check out your account. Let me know. Smiley