WIRELESS HOME PHONE BEEPING SOUND

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

WIRELESS HOME PHONE BEEPING SOUND

I got the ZTE wireless home phone a week ago, and everything was going well until my callers or those I called mentioned that they hear a beeping sound on their end, like someone is pressing a phone key...and it just keeps happening and is annoying them.

But I don't hear anything on my side....

I was reading that those on AT&T in the USA have the same problem.....

And there is no solution!

Anyone else experienced this?  I think I'm going to return the darn thing and cancel this home service.

Accepted Solution

Re: Noisey Phone

Hi ShadowPatches,

Sorry to hear about this. 

This issue is caused by a firmware glitch on the device meaning a limited amount of ZTE Wireless Home Phone devices are emitting Dual-Tone Multi-Frequency (DTMF) during a phone conversation. This results in a beeping noise.

We've updated the firmware of the devices at our inventory to fix this issue and we will gladly exchange the one you currently have with one that has the latest firmware.

Please contact customer service to process the exchange. You may reference this post if need be.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 52
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 2
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Re: WIRELESS HOME PHONE BEEPING SOUND

Recently, I had noticed that there was a change on my bill to my home phone - adding name display.  I called in and asked why this was and was told to take my modem in to a store location to swap it out, no charge, for one of the new modems that offer the name display service.  After being told the store locations would be aware of this no charge exchange, I took it into store and they were 100% unaware of this exchange situation and were not happy that I was told this would be a no charge exchange. It took a while and a bit of arguing, then them calling in, but I got the new modem and was on my way..... 

Now, FINALLY, I have been told by everyone who heard the beeping before, that it has stopped.  But, of course, this new modem comes with new problems.  Often, people will call my cell phone when they can't reach me on the landline (Fido Home Phone).... and this is happening all the time now.  We have tested it ourselves and when you call our Fido Home Phone, it goes directly to voicemail - like someone is on the phone.  We have called in to tech support, had our "network" reset, changed the SIM card, rebooted the modem, etc etc etc.... still happening.  When we first got it, it would randomly drop calls when you were on the phone but the network reset seemed to fix that.  It has NOT fixed whatever is going on with it just not working altogether at times.  There is no indication on the modem that it is not working either... everything is on, green lights, full signal.  We will get voicemails randomly, when we have been home and the phone has not rang, but you pick up the phone and there is a dial tone.  

So.... no explanation, no fix - beeping has stopped - but the service is unreliable now.  

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 51 of 52
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: WIRELESS HOME PHONE BEEPING SOUND

Hey BTbtBT

That does sound odd..

I'll send you a PM so we can discuss this further!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 52 of 52