WIRELESS HOME PHONE BEEPING SOUND

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1

WIRELESS HOME PHONE BEEPING SOUND

I got the ZTE wireless home phone a week ago, and everything was going well until my callers or those I called mentioned that they hear a beeping sound on their end, like someone is pressing a phone key...and it just keeps happening and is annoying them.

But I don't hear anything on my side....

I was reading that those on AT&T in the USA have the same problem.....

And there is no solution!

Anyone else experienced this?  I think I'm going to return the darn thing and cancel this home service.

Accepted Solution

Re: Noisey Phone

Hi ShadowPatches,

Sorry to hear about this. 

This issue is caused by a firmware glitch on the device meaning a limited amount of ZTE Wireless Home Phone devices are emitting Dual-Tone Multi-Frequency (DTMF) during a phone conversation. This results in a beeping noise.

We've updated the firmware of the devices at our inventory to fix this issue and we will gladly exchange the one you currently have with one that has the latest firmware.

Please contact customer service to process the exchange. You may reference this post if need be.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 52
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 2

I called.  Not satisfied in the least.  I got told to take it to the store and deal with it at the store level.  Ask for the store manager and have it escalated at the store level.  Because I have time for this!?

I currently have 3 lines with Rogers - 2 cell phones and 1 being the home phone and I'm now considering cancelling all of them.  I've been a customer for 3+ years now and nothing is being done to keep me as a customer or fix any problems that clearly are not mine.  Ridiculous.  Absolutely Ridiculous.  

Guess you get what you pay for!   

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 21 of 52
Highlighted

I have just gotten off the phone with with a Fido advisor who said they have no idea which of the modem units has the updated firmware and which ones have the old firmware.  

Is there any identifier so I don't inadvertently pick up an old firmware unit?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 22 of 52
Highlighted
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

Wow, I would be very disappointed to hear that the problem exists even AFTER replacing the home phone unit
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 23 of 52
Highlighted

Yes, dad25933, that is what I am thinking.  They have no idea which ones are which.  I'm supposed to go to the store and deal with the manager because the buck is being passed onto the store level now.  They wanted me to give them the IMEI # off the modem, but couldn't tell me if this was a modem with the updated firmware or not.  Come on. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 24 of 52
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

I have the same problem, with a WF720 I received from Fido in July 2014. The firmware version is Rog_Ca_WF720V1.0.0B04.

I phoned Fido they want me to send it in and then they will send it to ZTE to be fixed. Not acceptable, I will be without my home phone for days/possibly weeks. 

I see ATT has a tool to update the firmware, that's how I can see what firmware is installed in the device using a dollar store male to male USB  A cable. However, I can't update it with the ATT version 1.6.

I see there may be a newer rogers version v1.0.0.B06, how can I get this and install it?

What is the firmware version on the so called "fixed" boxes at Fido, and how can I get one shipped as a replacement?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 25 of 52
Highlighted

Re: WIRELESS HOME PHONE BEEPING SOUND

Hi,  I have the same problem, bought new phones, tried moving the phone around the house - same problem.  You also cannot send or receive faxes from this line.  There are continuos beeping sounds on the other end as well of times of complete silence.  Very disappointed.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 26 of 52
Highlighted

We just replace ourhome phone box for a third time: thi time with the reportedly upgraded firmware.  The beeping continues!  Other than that the product is great but it is too big of a problem to live with anymore.  Unfortunately we are forced to return the unit for a credit.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 27 of 52
Highlighted

Are you telling me that the new unit I received yesterday that I was told had the firmware upgrade should not be beeping?  The phone is still beeping!  Next thought?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 28 of 52
Highlighted

Buzzman,  I think its a real possibility that the replacement box has the same firmware as before.  One way to tell:

get yourself a dollar store USB A cable (male to male).  Download the AT&T tool and run it, it will detect the firmware version.

google this: ATT WF720 download

download the one-click tool in support.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 29 of 52
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3
I'm a Participant Level 3

I have just received my FIDO home service a couple of weeks ago.  Everyone I speak to complains about the beeping sound even though we don't hear it.

I also a problem where the line simply cuts off just after I pick up the phone - I usually blame it on the other person's cell phone but it suspiciously happens too often to be a coincidence.

We never had any problems with Bell but do not want to switch back - what with their constant raising of their rates - love FIDO's $10 monthly rate but hate the poor quality.

Does anyone have a solution

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 30 of 52