WIRELESS HOME PHONE BEEPING SOUND

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1

WIRELESS HOME PHONE BEEPING SOUND

I got the ZTE wireless home phone a week ago, and everything was going well until my callers or those I called mentioned that they hear a beeping sound on their end, like someone is pressing a phone key...and it just keeps happening and is annoying them.

But I don't hear anything on my side....

I was reading that those on AT&T in the USA have the same problem.....

And there is no solution!

Anyone else experienced this?  I think I'm going to return the darn thing and cancel this home service.

Accepted Solution

Re: Noisey Phone

Hi ShadowPatches,

Sorry to hear about this. 

This issue is caused by a firmware glitch on the device meaning a limited amount of ZTE Wireless Home Phone devices are emitting Dual-Tone Multi-Frequency (DTMF) during a phone conversation. This results in a beeping noise.

We've updated the firmware of the devices at our inventory to fix this issue and we will gladly exchange the one you currently have with one that has the latest firmware.

Please contact customer service to process the exchange. You may reference this post if need be.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 52
Highlighted
Fido Employee
Fido Employee

Re: WIRELESS HOME PHONE BEEPING SOUND

From everything I have been reading and following up on the service, I havent heard of this error,  I am debating getting the service but I may hold off, sorry to hear it isnt working out for you

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 52
Highlighted

Well... We have the exact same problem!

We tried everything... Replacing our home phones, moving the ZTE box around the house, changing electrical outlet, even having Fido service replace the ZTE box. Still the same problem: annoying beep sound that only the caller hears, anytime and often many times during a conversation without any pattern (in the beginning, middle or end of the conversation, one time or many times, maybe 20 seconds or 30 minutes in between, etc...)

Other than returning to Bell home phone (we really don't want to), what could be causing this ?????

Thanks.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 52
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2
I'm a Participant Level 2

I've had the Home Phone service for a few months, have not had anyone comment on a beeping sound etc. I would actually ask people on the phone how the sound quality was etc..when I first installed it. Most said it sounded better than our old Bell line did.

It must be some tech issue with some peoples Home Phone, perhaps hardware ,tower location ,luck of the draw lol

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 52
Highlighted

Just got Wireless home phone and at the beginning of the call about 30 seconds into it , i did hear a short tone  . at first i thought it was my mobile phone . but this call was from landline to my home phone (FIDO wireless)

I live close to a tower and i get 4 bars of signal. ZTE box is on a table away from my wireless router and computer at least 3 ft.

call lasted over 8 mins and i only heard the tone again at the 7 min mark . there must be an explaination for it.

its not too intrusive and the FIDO home phone side never hears these tones.

maybe this might help, its technical but explains why tones occur on voice over IP and cell phone solutions using ATA (Analog Terminal Adapter). 

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r20866515-General-Random-DTMF-Tones

The phenomenon is called "talk-off" where a persons voice will trigger a DTMF tone. more common in female voices which is who i called (wife)

all devices handling it differently, i think its in the box.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 52
Highlighted

We have the same problem. We have returned one unit and still have the problem. We have tried different handsets and different locations. Fido claims never to have heard of the problem. We  are about to give up unless someone has a solution.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 52
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3

Experiencing the same problem. Using Fido Home Phone for about 3 months and people complaining they hear the beep even though I do not.

Was about to change my corded phone when I saw this forum.

Is there any solution other than changing service providers? 10bucks is too hard to pass up!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 52
Highlighted

Noisey Phone

I can hear good with my house phone but people on the other end are hearing what they describe as a sounds like when your pressing a key and holding it in on the phone, any suggestions with this problem??

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 52
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Noisey Phone

Hi ShadowPatches,

Sorry to hear about this. 

This issue is caused by a firmware glitch on the device meaning a limited amount of ZTE Wireless Home Phone devices are emitting Dual-Tone Multi-Frequency (DTMF) during a phone conversation. This results in a beeping noise.

We've updated the firmware of the devices at our inventory to fix this issue and we will gladly exchange the one you currently have with one that has the latest firmware.

Please contact customer service to process the exchange. You may reference this post if need be.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 52
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 2
I'm a Contributor Level 2

I, too, have the same problem.  Numerous people have told me that it sounds like I keep hitting buttons during the call.  Same as above... no pattern but happens numerous times in a call.  People find it quite annoying.  Unfortunate because the service seemed great... debating cancelling it altogether now. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 52