WIFI Calling on but cannot receive SMS

SOLVED
DannyK18
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hello,

I have LG g6. My workplace has areas of little reception. When I have no service but have wifi, calls work and can send SMS, but I cannot recieve SMS.

When I am back in areas with reception, only then, can I receive texts.

Accepted Solution

Re: WIFI Calling on but cannot receive SMS

Solved by Moderator

Hi @DannyK18!

Welcome to Community. 

We are aware of the issue with incoming text messages on Wi-Fi calling and are working on a fix. 

Sorry about the trouble Sad 

View solution in context
8 REPLIES 8
KAPABLE-K
MVP

Hello @DannyK18,

Welcome to the community!

What messaging app are you using? Can you try the Android Messenger and see if it works you can get it here.

Or you can try clearing your current messenger app cache and see if it helps.

Edit: Looks the the problem is with Fido as @FidoFaiza stated above.

DannyK18
I'm a Participant Level 2

I did download Android Messenger. The problem is still the same. Clearing the cache didnt help

Hello @DannyK18,

@FidoFaiza said the problem is on Fido's end and they are working on fixing it.

DavieDavieDave
I'm a Participant Level 3

Any word when this will be resolved? I'm abroad right now and the WiFi calling is just like being at home! 😀:canada: It'll be nice to receive text messages while I'm away too.

Hi there @DavieDavieDave

Thanks for reaching out! I went over the details we got on our end, about incoming text messages while on Wi-Fi calling. 

The messages which aren't received, due to this issue, are expected to be delivered once your phone returns to the Fido Wireless Coverage. Our support team is still working on a solution for this - we'll update this thread as soon as we get more info.

Thanks for your patience & understanding!

If you need any help using your phone for calls, text or mobile data, while connected to a roaming partner network, let me know Smiley

DavieDavieDave
I'm a Participant Level 3

Did this get fixed yet? It was a month ago when you said they were looking into it.

Hey @DavieDavieDave 

We're still working on it!

FidoFaiza

Hi @DannyK18!

Welcome to Community. 

We are aware of the issue with incoming text messages on Wi-Fi calling and are working on a fix. 

Sorry about the trouble Sad