WIFI Calling Issues

WIFI Calling Issues

WIFI Calling Issues

fperron
I'm a Participant Level 3

WIFI Calling Issues

Hi,

Someone currently experimenting an issue with the wifi calling? My wifi calling works fine since November without any issue and today my iPhone is not able to connect. I can activate the option "Wifi calling on this iPhone" but when I'm click on "Update Emergency Address", I got the message "To allow Wi-Fi calling on this account, contact your carrier"

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13
stephoule

Thanks @FidoManuel, waiting for your PM.
fperron

Wifi calling is back this morning Happy

Well, that's some good news!

Anything you did?

fperron

On my side, I enabled the wifi calling option and entered my emergency address. The phone has passed by the registration process like 3 month ago.

Thanks for the details!

fperron

@stephoule you have exactly the same issue. I was able to update the emergency contact before I removed and reinsert my sim card.
stephoule

Oh wait, I think I have an unlocked device. So I got it for the Fido store but the phone had an issue thus I called Apple and I got a new phone from them to replace my broken iPhone. So I guess, they sent me an unlocked iPhone as I never said I was on Fido network. So how can I lock it? Or how can I get it fixed? I didn't want to unlock it.

That's most likely what's preventing the Wi-Fi calling from working. 

I'll send you a PM to look at some details with you. 

stephoule

Mine is not unlocked. I got it from Fido, latest iOS, iPhone 6. I just did a network setting reset and still, the problem remains. It used to work Thursday and them not anymore. I can update the wifi emergency contact, I also have the setting enabled for wifi call but the carrier stays to Fido instead of Fido Wi-fi.
stephoule

Same here, I will call them shortly!

Hey there!

Any of you @fperron/@stephoule is using an unlocked phone? 

Did you notice if the problem started after doing a carrier update?

Do you guys have the latest iOS version available?

fperron

Hi @FidoManuel,

I'm using an iPhone 6 unlocked.

I made the latest carrier update last week, but I had no problem after the update.

I'm running also on the lastest ios 9.2.1.

Thanks

Thanks for the details!

The unlocked device might be the reason behind this, it's not supposed to work if you are using an unlocked phone.

If it did at some point, the carrier update might have removed that.