WHERE DID MY FIDODOLLARS GO?

SOLVED
AlexeyK
I'm a Participant Level 1

I,m custommer since 2007 and now when i decide to use my dollars they are gone ????!?!?

Can some one help me I phoned customer service and they send me here !?!?

***Edited to add labels***

Accepted Solution

Re: WHERE DID MY FIDODOLLARS GO?

Solved by Former Moderator FidoMaria

Hi @AlexeyK, sorry we missed this!

Just to add to @mattplex's answer, if on April 6th 2016 you were still under agreement with a plan that still earned FidoDOLLARS, FidoDOLLARS would expire on July 6th 2018. Otherwise, they did indeed expire on July 6th 2016.

If you need me to look into anything with you, let me know and I'll send you a PM. Smiley

View solution in context
9 REPLIES 9
FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @AlexeyK, sorry we missed this!

Just to add to @mattplex's answer, if on April 6th 2016 you were still under agreement with a plan that still earned FidoDOLLARS, FidoDOLLARS would expire on July 6th 2018. Otherwise, they did indeed expire on July 6th 2016.

If you need me to look into anything with you, let me know and I'll send you a PM. Smiley

BillSings
I'm a Participant Level 3

So, my Fidodollar balance seems to have disappeared from my bills. Where do I see it now, and how do I get some value for it?

Hey @BillSings

The FidoDOLLARS™ program has ended for most customers. As mentioned by @FidoMaria above, if on April 6th 2016 you were still under agreement with a plan that still earned FidoDOLLARS, FidoDOLLARS would expire on July 6th 2018. Otherwise, they did indeed expire on July 6th 2016.

There's more information right here as well. 

BillSings

I joined Fido long ago, before they were bought out by Rogers. Since I never changed my plan, The accumulated Fidodollars must still be there right? I certainly never agreed to give them away, and I never collected on them. Or did somebody get the idea that stealing from customers is good business?

Hi @BillSings

We've been informing our customers since December 2015 about the phasing out. Multiple communications like ads on our website, text messages and bill notices have been sent.

Did you had an agreement on your line on April 6th 2016? If the answer is no, your FidoDOLLARS have expired. 

BillSings

"Did you had an agreement on your line on April 6th 2016?" What does that mean? My line was active, so yes? Or, I wasn't subject to a cancellation penalty, so no? Anyhow, the only reason for staying with Fido was to use these Fidodollars to buy a new phone. If that isn't going to happen, I'll certainly be moving as soon as I can set up with a new provider. Did Rogers learn nothing about treating customers well from their "negative option billing" fiasco, nor from watching the Aeroplan and Air Miles fiascos? Never, never, never, treat good customers badly.

@FidoManuel wrote:

Hi @BillSings

We've been informing our customers since December 2015 about the phasing out. Multiple communications like ads on our website, text messages and bill notices have been sent.

Did you had an agreement on your line on April 6th 2016? If the answer is no, your FidoDOLLARS have expired. 

That would mean you didn't have an agreement active on your line on that date, I can take a look at your account to confirm. 

If that's the case, the FidoDOLLARS have expired for you. 

I'll send you a PM to take a closer look at your account. 

mattplex
I'm a Contributor Level 1

July 6, 2016 was the absolute last day to use the dollar. Sorry dude.

eurocar11

I have been a customer since the 90's and they have taken away my fido dollars also dont feel bad. Customer loyalty means nothing to Fido so disappointing.