Voicemail notification not working

anjp11
I'm a Participant Level 3

I have an LG G3 that I used to use with Virgin Mobile. I recently switched to Fido and ever since, my voicemail notifications aren't working correctly (voicemail itself works fine).

There are 2 issues.
1) instead of giving me the normal voicemail notification (I.e. the cassette tape icon and menu), I get a network "secret" text message from "18" saying I have a new voicemail. From what I understand, the network text message should trigger the phone's voicemail icon, but it doesn't. It just comes in as a text message.

2) even after I delete the actual voice message from my voicemail (by calling in) I continue to get these network texts saying I have an unread voicemail.
I do not.

All this leads me to believe it is a problem with Fido's notification method.

Any advice?

1 REPLY 1
Paolo
I'm an Expert Level 2

Hi anjp11,

In the 10+ years that I have been with Fido Solutions, They have always used a Text Message from +18 to notify of voice mail. They have NOT utilized the Reel to Reel Tape icon that other carriers like Rogers Wireless or Virgin Mobile or Telus utilize to notify you of a voice mail.   This is how Fido notifys you of voice mail. I usually save a sim contact with the number +18 with the name "Voicemail" so when the message is received it says "Voicemail" instead of "+18"  and I simply know when I get a new message.  Once you listen to or save your new message, you will NOT get a new indicator, This is how Fido has always worked and everybody using it seems to be ok with it.  Sorry you feel that way but I hope you understand it works well and there is no need to change it.