Voicemail activation for new ported customers

lopl1360
I'm a Participant Level 1

Yesterday we transferred (ported) Our numbers out of Rogers to Fido.

But I have problem to activate voicemail. The IVR frequently says your number is wrong, please enter your 10 digit fido number.

What shall I do ?

5 REPLIES 5
Fidocares12
Fido Employee

@lopl1360

Hi and thank you for your question

Does this error that your explaining happen after you press and hold the number 1 key down? if it asks you to enter your 10 digit fido phone number, and if its a new activtion, maybe the voicemail is not active on your account. When setting up a new acount the voicemail feature has to be added manually by the agent during setup. I'm sure anyone of these talented and professonal moderators can look into that for you

Hope this helps

breezygirl63

Hi, you probably have this already solved. However when you port your number you're given a temporary phone number or cell phone number and that number is in place of your original number that is being ported. Now once you're lying is active and after your services recognize your phone number being ported the temporary number will be removed and your original not bone cell phone number will be in place and that's it. Hope you're enjoying your services and I'm just a member of Fido. See you next time;

Breezygirl63
arln

same issue here...haven't found a solution..

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @arln!

What happens when you try to access your voicemail? Have you tried calling the number @FidoAmanda suggested?

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator

Hey lopl1360!

Welcome to the Community!

Are you getting that error message after you enter your phone number? Does the same thing happen when you call the voicemail retrieval number manually? The number is +1-416-821-6549.

Let us know!