Voicemail Notification - Galxy Nexus

SOLVED
Bessie13
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hello,

I recently got a Nexus. I am wondering if there is an option on the Galaxy Nexus to have an icon appear in the notification bar if you have voicemail. Do you have to manually check for voicemail? Also, please let me know where to look to figure out how to use visual voicemail plus.

Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Re: Voicemail Notification - Galxy Nexus

Solved by Former Moderator FidoJudhy
Hey Bessie13!

There is no way to get a voicemail icon when you get a voice message unless you have Visual Voicemail Plus. With the regular voicemail, instead of the icon, you will get a text message from +88 to let you know that there is an unread message in your voicemail box.

As for Visual Voicemail Plus, you can visit the following link for more information:

http://www.fido.ca/vvmplus

I hope this clarifies.
View solution in context
5 REPLIES 5
FidoSamantha
Former Moderator

Hey Praj! That depends on the type of voicemail you have. 

Did you change your plan during the last 2 months?

Let me know!

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator

Hey Bessie13!

There is no way to get a voicemail icon when you get a voice message unless you have Visual Voicemail Plus. With the regular voicemail, instead of the icon, you will get a text message from +88 to let you know that there is an unread message in your voicemail box.

As for Visual Voicemail Plus, you can visit the following link for more information:

http://www.fido.ca/vvmplus

I hope this clarifies.

wildrice
I'm a Participant Level 2

I hope Fido will fix this.  The text message option doesn't work for me.  If I view the text, it erases the notification, then I can easily forget that I had a voicemail.  A constant notification (like was standard on all cellphones for generations before "smart" phones), that can only be cleared by listening to voicemail would be so much better.  I don't really know what the problem is here.

sherman
I'm a Participant Level 1

this still seems to be true.. which is flippin stupid

Praj
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi!

I have a Nexus 5 running Lollipop 5.1.1 and my problem is that I don't get any text message when I get a voicemail. About a couple of months back I used to get them, but recently I don't.

What's the solution for this problem?