Voice over LTE / IOS 11 (VoLTE)

SOLVED
jlits
I'm Experienced Level 2

I have been having an issue with my Iphone 6s all day with my iphone switching to 3g when making a phone call. Voice and Data for LTE are enabled and previously it would stay on LTE when i made a call. 

I have done a network reset, also restored my iphone to new and set up as new and the issue persist. I even tried moving locations but the same problem is occurring!

Is anyone else experiencing this as well

Thanks 

Accepted Solution

Re: Voice over LTE / IOS 11

Solved by Moderator

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to keep you in the loop, the service has now been restored to all affected users Smiley

View solution in context
76 REPLIES 76
dbui
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi,

I am leaving in Quebec and still having the issues on both my phone’s ip6 and my wife phone’s ip8. We did update the the os to 11.0.3

Hey @dbui

Thank you for sharing these updates. We're still waiting on updates for this.

As soon as we have more information we'll keep everyone posted here. 

Danga1977
I'm a Participant Level 1

VoLTE not working with iPhone 8 Plus on iOS 11.0.2. When will there be a carrier update to fix the problem?

Hey @Danga1977!

I moved your post to this thread as it deals with the same topic Smiley

Check out @FidoClaudia's solution above for the answer to your question.

jlits
I'm Experienced Level 2

@Danga1977 @FidoNick @FidoClaudia

I understand that Fido still has not come out with a carrier update to fix the VOLTE issue...I really hope they do sometime soon as I really would like my VOLTE option back!

However I can only assume that they are working on it as we speak!

info2
I'm a Participant Level 2

I phone the customer service, I explain the situation,  they did a network reset on my phone and after an hour everything came back to normal, I Had my VoLTE back, Don’t lose your time on this forum, call the customer service.

jlits
I'm Experienced Level 2

@info2

This is new news to me! Because they tried doing a network reset recently and it didn't work!

What iphone and ios build are you on? 

Also i tried doing a network reset on my iphone didnt work! 

info2
I'm a Participant Level 2

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 11.0.2  keep calling customer service,  not all the representatives are qualified. Sometimes, it depends who you talk to.

jlits
I'm Experienced Level 2

UPDATE! 

7:00 P.M.

I spoke to FIDO technical team and I can confirm they are aware of the ongoing issue and having them reset network settings on each sim card doesn't work. 

They don't have an ETA as of right now but they are working to resolve the issue ASAP!

I encourage all users who have an iphone and cant use VOLTE to call in to log the case. 

Cheers Happy 

jlits
I'm Experienced Level 2

I just did the update to ios 11.0.3 and can confirm the Volte issue is NOT fixed still!

Must be a carrier setting not ios update!

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Glad to read that @mark2000! Smiley

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @jlits!

Just to clarify, the issue is not limited to iOS 11. We're aware of it and are still working on a resolution.

jlits
I'm Experienced Level 2

@FidoMaria

I upgraded to ios 11.0.3 and i still have the issue!

I know it is still more than ios 11 but hope its fixed soon! 

Really getting frustrated about this! 

Hey @jlits!

We're working on resolving it as soon as possible! We'll update the thread once we have more info.

jlits
I'm Experienced Level 2

@FidoNick

Thanks so much please let me know ASAP thanks so much! 

We definitely will! 

jlits
I'm Experienced Level 2

@FidoNick

Spoke with FIDO CSR today they still don't have a fix.....Please Fido fix the bug!

Happy 

FidoRanya
Former Moderator

As soon as we hear back we'll update the thread @jlits

Tanman
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Any update?

jlits
I'm Experienced Level 2

@Tanman

Unfortunately they are still working on it!....at this point i am really not sure why its taking so long!