Voice notification while on phone BEFORE reaching talk limit minutes

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1 samielim
I'm a Participant Level 1

Voice notification while on phone BEFORE reaching talk limit minutes

Dear Fido,

I was recently on the phone for an extended period of time. When I hang up, I received a text message from Fido informing me that I have exceeded my daytime Anytime minutes. This occurred while I was on the phone, therefore was unaware of it.

Is there anyway that I could get a brief voice interruption while on the phone informing me that I "have 5 more minutes before I reach my limit and then additional fees kicks in"? This way, I can manage the length of my call to minimize the additional charges.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Samie Lim

Accepted Solution

Re: Voice notification while on phone BEFORE reaching talk limit minutes

@samielim wrote:

Is there anyway that I could get a brief voice interruption while on the phone informing me that I "have 5 more minutes before I reach my limit and then additional fees kicks in"? This way, I can manage the length of my call to minimize the additional charges.

There's no automated system that will interrupt your call to let you know that you will have reached your minutes. To explain this simply, we bill you for a call only when it's done. The system does not calculate your minutes mid-call, it does so only when the call is over.

What I may suggest is that you check your minutes balance before making a call that you expect to be longer than usual. Also, some phones offers the possibility to make a small beep every minute during an ongoing call.

Hope this helps!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 3
Former Moderator FidoMatt
Former Moderator

Hi!

This is not somehting we currently offer but it is a great suggestion. I will escalate this to our teams.

thank you

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 3
I'm Experienced Level 2
I'm Experienced Level 2
Solution

@samielim wrote:

There's no automated system that will interrupt your call to let you know that you will have reached your minutes. To explain this simply, we bill you for a call only when it's done. The system does not calculate your minutes mid-call, it does so only when the call is over.

What I may suggest is that you check your minutes balance before making a call that you expect to be longer than usual. Also, some phones offers the possibility to make a small beep every minute during an ongoing call.

Hope this helps!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 3