Voice mail notification - no voicemail

whimseyb
I'm a Participant Level 3

I've been experiencing this for quite a while. It started on my Nexus 4 and has continued and gotten more frequent on my Oneplus.

I get the voicemail notification, icon and notification light. Multiple times repeatedly in a short period of time, there is no new voicemail.

Has anyone ever had this issue and what can be done to fix it?

I tried having Fido reset my voice mailbox but that didn't work. 

Thanks in advanced. Smiley

8 REPLIES 8
whimseyb

I'm not certain. I have the Value pack

@whimseyb wrote:
I'm not certain. I have the Value pack

It is not the mini voice mail then, what is the app name under your voice mail icon? 

AdamBeast
Fido Employee

Do you know which kind of voicemail service you are using? Mini VM, or Visual VM plus? 

It may aslo due to this issue here: 

http://forums.fido.ca/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Smartphones/thread-id/18001

If the sms of voicemail notication is save in the sim and cannot be deleted, this issue may happen. 

whimseyb

Just the voice-mail icon which triggers my light notification. Which is why the more often it happens now the more it is starting to irritate.
whimseyb

It is my original SIM from at least 8 years ago . it has also been cut to fit from the original SIM size. I don't have issues retrieving voice mail when I do have them. It's just the repeated notifications when there aren't any messages.

Thanks for your time

How do you recieve the notification, by sms? 

AdamBeast
Fido Employee

Could you try to call this number to retrieve your voicemail? +1 416 821-6549 

If you have swapped your phone, I sound like our backend issue or sim card issue. 

How long have you been using your current sim card?