Vivaz pro vs Nokia C6

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

Vivaz pro vs Nokia C6

hi,

i was comparing this 2 symbian S60 phones. And while trying to fouind ot the pros and con of each i stumble upon these links:

specs comparison : Nokia C6-00 vs Sony Ericsson Vivaz Pro comparison

graphics comparison : Jbenchmark Vivaz Pro vs Nokia C6

what do you think about these 2 smartphones not so smart ?

did you used it for gaming and what was you degree of satisfaction ?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 13
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: Vivaz pro vs Nokia C6

@ Community:

Has anyone tried the Nokia C6 and the Sony Ericsson Vivaz Pro?

What would be your feedback on those handsets?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 13
Highlighted

here the  specs comparison. Smiley

Nokia C6-00 vs Sony Ericsson Vivaz Pro comparison :

http://www.esato.com/phones/compare.php?phone=617&cp=599

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 13
Highlighted
I'm Experienced Level 3
I'm Experienced Level 3

I own a Vivaz Pro and would probably lean more towards the Nokia C6-00.

Some of the reasons are:

Vivaz Pro borrowed Nokia's OS and has been 'tweaked' by Sony Ericsson. I think these 'tweaks' made in the OS cause incompatibility with some s60v5 programs (some refuse to run or run very poorly-they don't run like they're supposed to). You have to go hunting for programs on the internet. There's no Ovi Store for Vivaz Pro and Sony Ericsson's Play Now Store is not available in Canada. All Symbian support/phones have been dropped by Sony Ericsson-they're concentrating more on Android. The Vivaz Pro has very poor sound (at maximum setting) and poor vibration (can't feel/hear the phone go off when in coat or pant pocket). The lock/unlock function on the Vivaz Pro is a joke. It can easily become unlocked in the pocket and dial out without you knowing. The screen is not very responsive. Sometimes you really need to press the screen a few times before it registers. Scrolling on the screen can be a pain at times due to this and there's no kinetic scrolling (which would have made navigating a little easier). The phone seems to have some quality assurance issues.

The s60v5 OS in general is old and archaic. It will take some getting used to. I read users say this OS is simply the s60v3 with added touch screen capabilities. Even with this addition, it wasn't implemented properly and done 'half-assed'. The OS is buggy at best. I know Vivaz Pro has crashed or become unresponsive on the odd occasion due to the buggy OS.

I like the Vivaz Pro now 'after' tweaking it abit through different apps and utilities. But it's still quirky and not 'reliable' at times. If the C6-00 was available at the time when I got the Vivaz Pro, I would have more than likely went with the C6-00 instead.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 13
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3
I'm a Participant Level 3

I also have to agree with the above post. I've tried both, though the specs are similar, the Nokia C6 is overall more functional, the touch screen is much more responsive. Another positive to note is if your interested in Video calling; the C6 is set up with both a front and back camera, Sony forgot to add one on the Vivaz Pro meaning the person on the other end of your call won't be able to see you unless you flipped it over - which is kinda of pointless. When you look at the talk time specs just look at 3G talk time since Fido has tweaked both phones so you cannot switch to regular GSM Mode.

Nokia C6: about 5HRS(3g talk time)

Sony Vivaz Pro: about 5HRS and 10mins (3g talk time)

Choose wisely and good luck

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 13
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 1
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I own a Vivaz Pro and have played around with a C6. My thoughts:

Vivaz Pro

Pros:

- Smaller & lighter than the C6

- 720p HD video recording

- Threaded SMS

- Faster processor

Cons:

- Not very responsive

- Not user friendly

- No software updates will be made available

- You will have to look for compatible apps on the internet

Nokia C6

Pros:

- Ovi App store

- Free lifetime voice guided GPS

- Better keyboard with directional pad

- Symbian on a Nokia = able to update software

- Touch screen is more responsive

- Menus look "cleaner" on the C6

- Flash support

Cons:

- Bigger, heavier than Vivaz Pro

- Camera is very noisy in dim areas

- Clunky design

- Slower processor

- No threaded SMS

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 13
Highlighted
I'm Experienced Level 1
I'm Experienced Level 1

Thanks XtremeResident

I was wondering if VP was Equal to C6-00

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 13
Highlighted

Hi, I own a nokia c6 (not sure of the difference between a c6-00 and a c6-01) but I have to say it's a pretty tough decision between the two phones. 

Both phones have wifi, but I believe the nokia c6 is a bit easier to browse online with and to buy apps from the OVI store. However the things that the nokia c6 lacks are exactly the opposite of the sony ericsson vivaz pro. I find the nokia c6 to be pretty heavy, and a bit strange to text with because of the keyboards weird positioning. I also wish that the camera abilities were a stronger. AND there's no threaded sms (but this can easily be fixed by buying the 'ThreadedSMSstd' app from the OVI store for 2.99$. I'd still rather it come with the phone to begin with. All these problems are features that the Sony Ericsson does very well with. It's light, with a great keyboard and camera, apparently.

However I do like the nokia interface better, and the homescreen which can be personalized very nicely with facebook, favourite apps, favourite contacts, etc. 

It's a tough call. I was considering exchanging my phone before my 30 day time limit was up but I think I'll be staying with the nokia c6. I've heard that nokia phones are built to last.. and the lady I bought my phone from warned me against buying the sony ericsson vivaz pro because many many people have reported problems with it.
Also, the nokia has a slight problem with hanging when switching from landscape to portrait and vice versa.

Basically, I just wish the nokia was lighter with a more ergonomic keyboard. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 13
Highlighted

I think that the weight and keyboard of the phone are things that I'll simply get used and hopefully after a while, I wont notice them anymore. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 13
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

Well, from the point of view of a sales rep, I personally refrained myself from recommending the Vivaz to clients because it's a phone that we've had to send out for repairs alot. Especially when you compare to the C6, which is one of the phones that we send out least.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 13