Visual voicemail

I'm a Participant Level 1 Darquise
I'm a Participant Level 1

Visual voicemail

Hi! Just got a new bb bold and I'm supposed to have voicemail...I'm trying to download visual voicemail but I keep getting the message that the service is temporarily unavailable....and I w on chat but they tell me it is a technical issue..please help as I have a business and I need my voicemail back..thanks

***Edited to add labels***

Accepted Solution

Re: Visual voicemail

Hey Darquise!

I would like to help. You may try the following:

- Make sure that you have the proper voicemail service on the account. On a Blackberry, you would need the Visual Voicemail Plus for Blackberry.
- Make sure that WiFi is off.
- Try accessing the internet. If you have a data option, the page should load. Without a data option, you should be prompted for a data pass. If it does not work, this would be the root of the issue.
- Try to call the voicemail by pressing and holding "1". If the call does not go through, you have the wrong voicemail retrieval number in your phone and would need to set it up properly. A customer service representative can assist you with this.

Let me know!
View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 4
Former Moderator FidoJudhy
Former Moderator
Solution

Hey Darquise!

I would like to help. You may try the following:

- Make sure that you have the proper voicemail service on the account. On a Blackberry, you would need the Visual Voicemail Plus for Blackberry.
- Make sure that WiFi is off.
- Try accessing the internet. If you have a data option, the page should load. Without a data option, you should be prompted for a data pass. If it does not work, this would be the root of the issue.
- Try to call the voicemail by pressing and holding "1". If the call does not go through, you have the wrong voicemail retrieval number in your phone and would need to set it up properly. A customer service representative can assist you with this.

Let me know!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 4
Fido Employee Kayla_Fido
Fido Employee

Hello all,
Just as an update since this thread is old, wanted to inform future users that Fido no longer supports visual voicemail for Android or Blackberry. Therefore, if you already have the application and like it, keep hold of it because if you change your plan you will be loosing it.

Hope this helps!

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Fido Employee mallah
Fido Employee

Hello everyone!

Kayla_Fido's post is awesome !

Just want to add an alternative solution:
Premium Voicemail-To-Text: Allows you to listen to and READ your messages without dialing into your Voice Messaging service. Available for any mobile phone that supports Picture and Video Messaging (MMS).
How much it cost?. Part of value packs that start's at 4$ (price may change at anytime) but for more detail please go to: http://www.fido.ca/web/content/manageyourcalls/visualvoicemailplus&lang=en&lang=en

Hope this could work for you Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 4