Visual Voicemail

Visual Voicemail

Visual Voicemail

Eziggy
I'm a Participant Level 2

Visual Voicemail

My phone crashed in the US and I bought a Verizon unlocked Galaxy J3. Can't send MMS or retrieve messages. The J3 was introduced in the spring. The data settings are current but no success. Help!

2 REPLIES 2
Cawtau
Senior MVP

@Eziggy wrote:
My phone crashed in the US and I bought a Verizon unlocked Galaxy J3. Can't send MMS or retrieve messages. The J3 was introduced in the spring. The data settings are current but no success. Help!

Hello Eziggy,

Welcome to the community!

Are you able to use the phone otherwise (ie calls and SMS)? If you are, that's interesting because there have previously been issues trying to get unlocked Verizon phones to work on the networks. Had you activated the phone with Verizon when you were in the US?..

Judging by the specifications listed here, that phone would have all of the compatible bands/frequencies for 2G and '3G'. With regards to LTE, that phone would only have one compatible band or frequency, band 4 (1700/2100 MHz). While the phone would work on the LTE network, coverage depends on the bands/frequencies of your surrounding towers. You can get an idea of the bands/frequencies of your surrounding towers here.

Since Verizon currently uses CDMA as their 3G network for voice calls and some data, you might consider verifying your mobile network mode is set to GSM/UMTS(WCDMA)/LTE autoconnect.

As @FidoRanya mentioned above, you might consider verifying the phone is using the correct APN. Since the phone is LTE-capable, it should have ltemobile.apn.

You might also wish to verify the phone has the proper message centre number: +1-514-993-1123 

In order to send/receive MMS, data needs to be enabled. The data within a MMS is treated differently that other data so you do not require a data plan/pass. If you do have data, any data within the MMS would not count against any data allotments (except when roaming).

You also might consider enabling roaming data. Occasionally, some phones think they are roaming even though they might be using a local SIM. If you're using a Fido SIM on the Fido/Rogers networks, you won't get charged for roaming.

**edit** The title of this thread is Visual Voicemail. As far as I am aware, Fido no longer supports visual voicemail for android**

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

FidoRanya
Former Moderator

Hey @Eziggy

Welcome to the Community Smiley .

Did you make sure the correct APN settings were set up for MMS? You can check it out right here

Let us know if that helps!