Visual Voicemail on BB Z10 repeats notification

Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Visual Voicemail on BB Z10 repeats notification

Anyone know how to stop Fido or my Z10 from repeating notification of a voicemail 2 to 3 hours after first notification. It does it even if the message has been deleted! Fido CSRs have been unable to assist, they just remove and reinstall visual voicemail and it makes no difference. Thanks Smiley

Accepted Solution

Re: Visual Voicemail on BB Z10 repeats notification

I'm a Windows Phone user, but had the same issue.  I found my answer here from another BB user.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1785054-Visual-Voicemail-Plus-for-Smartphones-2-hour-SMS-delay/page2

It appears that Fido tries to send the voicemail by MMS with the audio attachment first.  If it fails to receive a confirmation after two hours, it tries to send it by SMS with no attachment.  So turn on MMS confirmation and it should work better.

This should be better documented and CSRs need to be made aware of it.  This is an option that a lot of people who care about their privacy turn off.  I for one wasted far too much time trying to get rid of the nuisance SMS messages.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 7
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey TegsPal!

I am currently looking into this matter for other customers. I'll post an update once I have more information. You can follow the progress here:

http://forums.fido.ca/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Smartphones/message-id/9105#M9105

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 7
Highlighted

Thank you - I know it is a widespread issue , but the CSRs do not relay that. I was instructed to repeatedly leave messages to see if this issue was being resolved each time the software was removed and reinstalled. As a consequence of Fido's instructions I lost my satisfaction warranty - I wanted to return the BB Z10 after just 5 days but was denied even though I had not used it for any other calls!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 7
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I just started using visual voice mail today on my Nexus 4 and the samething is happening to me . Keeps telling me to check my voice mail the old way even thow i have read and listen to the voice mail and deleted them.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 7
Highlighted

I just called fido and i might have my visual voice mail fixed.  My messages were going to where i recieved text messages not the visual voice mail plus app and thats why they were resending the same message over and over and they said the wrong code was set by fido they change it to the andriod code for a android phone.  So far so good maybe they need to change your code to match the blackberry.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 7
Highlighted

Thanks Colin, there is no VVMplus app for the Z10 though. The messages (MMS) go to the Text Messages in the hub. Whether deleted or not they always come back a second time. The only action taken by Fido is that they repeatedly remove and reinstall the VVM and of course I then have to set it up again and nothing is resolved. Its a long standing problem and they deny it.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3
I'm a Participant Level 3
Solution

I'm a Windows Phone user, but had the same issue.  I found my answer here from another BB user.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1785054-Visual-Voicemail-Plus-for-Smartphones-2-hour-SMS-...

It appears that Fido tries to send the voicemail by MMS with the audio attachment first.  If it fails to receive a confirmation after two hours, it tries to send it by SMS with no attachment.  So turn on MMS confirmation and it should work better.

This should be better documented and CSRs need to be made aware of it.  This is an option that a lot of people who care about their privacy turn off.  I for one wasted far too much time trying to get rid of the nuisance SMS messages.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 7