Visual Voicemail not working on LG G4

SOLVED
May623
I'm a Participant Level 2

It's been a month now and my voicemail is set up but my voicemail to text is not working! After four phone calls, numerous methods suggested by reps they have no clue how to fix it. They resigned me up to the pkg twice, made me remove my sim card, even called LG and then the last rep says "voicemail to text is down" which was likely his excuse to end the call. It's very annoying to pay for something that you don't receive and yet no one can provide a solution through customer service. Anyone have suggestions??

Accepted Solution

Re: Visual Voicemail not working on LG G4

Solved by Senior MVP Senior MVP

@Arturius wrote:
I had the same problem and went into the Google play store and downloaded the Fido visual voicemail app and that solved it. My g4 didn't come with it installed and you won't find the app in the Fido app store.
@May623 wrote:
Okay I will try it again. I did that but it kept saying I wasn't enrolled and then Fido would reset my voicemail. Thanks! I hope it works.

Hello,

Welcome to the forums!

I don't believe the visual voicemail app/service for Android/Blackberry is supported by Fido anymore (see here). If you had visual voicemail previously, then you might still be able to use it. The new voicemail system would be the voice to text service.

Is your issue regarding people not being able to leave messages or you not being able to acces them? If it's the latter, is your data on? The text notification would be a MMS and require data. You do not need to have a data plan for MMS, however, data still needs to be on.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
5 REPLIES 5
May623

Okay I will try it again. I did that but it kept saying I wasn't enrolled and then Fido would reset my voicemail. Thanks! I hope it works.
Arturius
I'm a Participant Level 1

I had the same problem and went into the Google play store and downloaded the Fido visual voicemail app and that solved it. My g4 didn't come with it installed and you won't find the app in the Fido app store.

@Arturius wrote:
@May623 wrote:

Hello,

Welcome to the forums!

I don't believe the visual voicemail app/service for Android/Blackberry is supported by Fido anymore (see here). If you had visual voicemail previously, then you might still be able to use it. The new voicemail system would be the voice to text service.

Is your issue regarding people not being able to leave messages or you not being able to acces them? If it's the latter, is your data on? The text notification would be a MMS and require data. You do not need to have a data plan for MMS, however, data still needs to be on.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

May623

Nope, no other issues with text messaging...
FidoAmanda
Former Moderator

Hey May623!

Welcome to the Community!

That definitely doesn't sound right. Do you have any other issues with text messaging?

We'll need to take a look in your account to see what's up. 

I'll send you a PM shortly.