Victim of Fraud :$

Puppydogeyesss
I'm a Participant Level 1

Received an email stating changes have been made to my FIDO account, then another email stating that a hardware upgrade was ordered through my FIDO account (An IPhone 8 Plus 64gb). I also received an email confirmation from UPS with tracking number and ship to location. First of all I did not make any changes to my FIDO account and definitely did not order a new cell phone!! Contacted FIDO first thing this morning to verify that the emails were legit, which unfortunately were :(. I was told I would be hearing from the Fraud Department with in 48 hours. This is seriously one of the most scariest things that has happened to me. I can’t believe someone can so easily gain access to my account, make changes to my account and order a phone on my behalf. How is this even possible? I was told be the person I spoke to this morning at FIDO that they could have access to my voice; as apparently they use voice generated data to confirm the account. How is that even possible for someone to steal my voice? Also when I called the only information they requested was my phone number and my name. They didn’t ask me to confirm my address. I tracked the UPS tracking number that was emailed to me, which is being mailed to Toronto, I don’t even live near Toronto. Called UPS to confirm address package is being mailed to and they won’t release the information. They told me to call FIDO and tell them to stop the delivery of the package; of course I have to wait for the Fraud Department to contact me. I have tried contacted the Canadian anti fraud department who is having  technical issues and direct me to fill out an report online. I am afraid to do anything online know. How can I be sure my information is safe. My biggest question is why does FIDO not have better security measures as this seems to be an ongoing issue. How can I trust this company? 

1 REPLY 1
FidoFaiza

Hi Puppydogeyesss,

Sorry to hear of the situation; It's understandable that you are confused and have all these questions. Scammers these days have very sophisticated ways to commit fraud; but I'm happy that it was caught on time and is being handled by the right team who will adresse all your concerns. Rest assured that we won't hold you responsible for something that you didn't do. 

If there is anything else, let us know and we will be happy to help.

And oh, welcome to Community!