Very frustrating call with Fido Customer Service

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

Very frustrating call with Fido Customer Service

I just tried calling Fido customer service and there was clearly a language barrier between myself and the agent i spoke with. I dont want to post her name here but will gladly give it to the next person i sleep with. I couldnt understand her and asked could i speak with someone else. She told me that i could not, that it was her responsibility to answer my questions. I replied that clearly she could not answer my questions as i could not understand her (surely as the customer it is not my fault if there is a language barrier?) she then raised her voice at me. I told her i wanted to either speak with another customer service agent or else a supervisor as i physically could not understand what she was saying to me. She told me i could not speak with a supervisor or anyone else?????

I am trying to make this call whilst also dealing with a 7 month old teething baby. I have not had the best of weeks as my engagement ring and cash was stolen from my apartment 2 days ago, so to call Fido and have someone tell me they were the only person i could deal with and i was not allowed to speak with a supervisor has really infuriated me.

Can someone please call me?

Accepted Solution

Re: Very frustrating call with Fido Customer Service

You won’t like this but since there was a language barrier which prevented you from understanding her isn’t it possible that you misunderstood her when she said:

@elaineinvan wrote:

She told me that i could not, that it was her responsibility to answer my questions.

She told me i could not speak with a supervisor or anyone else?????

she said that because she had answered my call, she was assigned to it

My opinion is that she tried to address your concern and she made notes in your account so if you would have called back the CSR would have seen what you have been offered. You should have called back and see what would have happened.

If language barrier was really an impediment then you could have tried another way like using chat. There is also another way but no one should take advantage of this unless s/he has a very good reason, on Fido’s menu choose French instead of English and explain (in English) your problem. I haven’t done it but landed a couple of times on French CSR and there’s no way you would have any difficulties with them (very nice ppl) unless of course they won’t offer you what you want.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 7
Highlighted
I'm Qualified Level 3
I'm Qualified Level 3

hmm, how about just tell her the fact you couldn't understand her. hang up the phone, and call again for another agent to speak to you?

Sorry about the ring and cash, hope your insurance will cover at least partical costs.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 7
Highlighted

i must have told the agent over 10 times that i couldnt understand her. I was going to call back but she said that because she had answered my call, she was assigned to it so i couldnt face calling back and being transferred through to her again.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 7
Highlighted
I'm Helpful Level 3
I'm Helpful Level 3
Solution

You won’t like this but since there was a language barrier which prevented you from understanding her isn’t it possible that you misunderstood her when she said:

@elaineinvan wrote:

She told me that i could not, that it was her responsibility to answer my questions.

She told me i could not speak with a supervisor or anyone else?????

she said that because she had answered my call, she was assigned to it

My opinion is that she tried to address your concern and she made notes in your account so if you would have called back the CSR would have seen what you have been offered. You should have called back and see what would have happened.

If language barrier was really an impediment then you could have tried another way like using chat. There is also another way but no one should take advantage of this unless s/he has a very good reason, on Fido’s menu choose French instead of English and explain (in English) your problem. I haven’t done it but landed a couple of times on French CSR and there’s no way you would have any difficulties with them (very nice ppl) unless of course they won’t offer you what you want.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 7
Highlighted

Hi,

Thank you for your note but no, there was not a possibilty that i misunderstood her. English was not her first language and she did not have a good command of it.

However, a member of the Fido Web solutions team has been in touch with me and resolved my issue promptly so i am very happy with the outcome.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 7
Highlighted

Well, its good to hear that you have got the solution of your concern.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
Fido Employee
Fido Employee

Hey evreryone!

I am glad all was resolved.

I just wanted to let you all know that we also have the Fido Check-in service. This service lets you to schedule a Check-in at a time that works for you. A specialized Fido representative will review your account and help you get the most out of your Fido services. You simply need to go on Fido.ca and log on My account  to schedule it.

Hope it helps!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 7