Very frustrating call with Fido Customer Service

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

Very frustrating call with Fido Customer Service

A week ago I just spent 40 min. on the phone with Fido 611 to no avail. Contract has 2 lines and last week I upgraded to the iphone 6+ on second line.
Two days later I called 611 and speak to Abdul to get the $25 upgrade fee waived as usual. He tells me that can be done. While on the line I ask if I can possibly get more data on the $80 max plan tied to the line. After some discussion offer was, stay at $80, lose fido $ on that line only, 3 gig data ,UL talk and text. I say thats great go with that.
Fast forward to today, first day of cycle. Fido account page says $75 Max smart flex plan, 1 gig data. UL talk and Text, no fido $ What? This is not what I agreed to.
I call again to find out what happened to my offer. Long story short the lady at fido only continued to say that there is no $80 plan with  3 gigs of data and begins to sell me all types of offers for more money. I continue to ask why the offer was made by the fido rep in the first place, only being told that he made a mistake by making the offer. If I had been told originally there was nothing available, I would have left the contract as is.
Frustrated I tell her to put the plan back to original only to be told she cannot do that.
I do not understand the point of the Fido reps if they have no power to fix their mistake.
Also I was never offered 10% 2 line discount. Is this something I am eligible for?
Thanks.

Today, now that the bill has come online I see that the $25.00 upgrade fee also was not removed. I do not know who Abdul was, but it seems he must not actually work for Fido on the end of a 611 call. They tell you that the call is being recorded but this is is only to protect them and not the consumer. This will be the end of my longtime fido business with this level of customer support.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: Very frustrating call with Fido Customer Service

Hey there TOTim, I'm really sorry to hear that you've had such a difficult experience recently. 

I'd really like to look into this situation with you, I'll be sending you a PM shortly so we can discuss this Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 2