Very frustrated customer

Very frustrated customer

Very frustrated customer

Mehl15
I'm a Participant Level 2

Very frustrated customer

It seems as though FIDO Customer Service is non existent today.

1.  I had been in the chat queue since 10:11 and the only time I received a message from a Live person was at 3:52 PM, that's ALMOST SIX HOURS of waiting

2. I could not get a hold of anyone online

3. I could not get a hold of anyone from Facebook Messnger

4. Their toll free number is busy.

5.  I drove all the way to the nearest FIDO kiosk, which is 30 KM away, and they couldn't help me either because their system is down.

I had been a fido custoemer since 2005.  I don't even know why I'm still with FIDO, they don't seem to have customer loyalty appreciation anyway.

5 REPLIES 5
FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @Mehl15 & welcome to the Community!

I'm really sad to read of your experience. Sad We're really trying to answer everyone as quickly as possible.

That said, were you able to reach anyone? If not, let me know and I'll send you a PM.

Mars16

@FidoMaria wrote:

Hi @Mehl15 & welcome to the Community!

I'm really sad to read of your experience. Sad We're really trying to answer everyone as quickly as possible.

That said, were you able to reach anyone? If not, let me know and I'll send you a PM.

Nope... We, (Mehl15 and I) tried to contact FIDO again, after I got home from work.  Yesterday, we decided to stay on hold, which was, believe it or not, a progress from the previous day as none of us were even able to get through the customer service regardless of method of contact we chose--Facebook, Fido Kiosk, Fido Chat you name it.  However, after about 31 attempts of trying to get through, a few hours of being on hold, the call dropped. We attempted to call back and customer service toll free closed down for the day.  We, once again, tried the chat but chat was not available either.

We have been FIDO customers since 2005, between our family of 4 account holders.  Please give me one good reason why any of us should stay with FIDO.  There are no more FIDO Rewards, no more loyalty programs to retain loyal customers such as ourselves, no more friend referral incentive.  So, what sets FIDO apart from the other guy?  How is customer loyalty appreciated here? With unlocked phones now easily accessible in the market, the amount of $$$ you have to pay to buy out your contract is now pro-rated to your device discount and number of months left in your contract, the technolgy now allows you to port your existing phone number, wireless providers are in very tight competition. It has never been this easy to switch carriers, so why shouldn't we?  If we were very patient to wait for hours on end to try to get through to Customer Service with no intentions of leaving FIDO to begin with, you can bet we can also wait that long to end our contracts and jump ship to go to the next one.  Oh we know that you have thousands customers and 4 customers will not dent that number or your bottom line over night, we get it; but if we have to leave FIDO, we will let everyone we know how loyal customers are treated here using every access we have on Social Media, word of mouth and reviews, to save them the troubles...  It had been a great 12 years, I urge you, please, don't let it end now.

Mars16

I was finally able to get a hold of Customer Service after 2.5 hours on the chat queue today..... and they were not able to assist me.

Last Final Word from them is that they "understand" our frustration.

3:34 PM Pierrette: I understand *******. Thank you for choosing Fido, have a good evening. Smiley

Nope, FIDO does not care about customer loyalty anymore.... well, this experience is at least a nice blog material.

Mehl15

@Mars16,  Mom... Yep... what a very frustrating ordeal for our family, specially for those who work during the day and only had time to call in the evening.... to be put on hold for almost 3 hours just to get disconnected then told you're SOL the next day. Hahaha, 1st step is to get your phone unlocked... Unfortunately, you'll have to call FIDO customer service again but hey at least that may be the last time you get to deal with them. Give them your IMEI #, (Go to settings, About Device, Status, IMEI information).  once its unlocked you can port your number... DO NOT cancel your plan until you talk to the the other provider to get the 10 GB plan (I don't believe their offer has expiration).  Auntie A and Uncle R and Nica just moved here so they are looking for a new cell phones too but waiting for boxing day deals, so you guys can all get set up together at the same time.  Is dad now thinking of cancelling his account?  

blahblahblahhhh

you deserve better, i'd say they gotta try harder than that to earn your money...