Value Pack Unexpected Price Increases?

SOLVED
JC
I'm a Participant Level 3

I'm on a retention plan and this month the price of my Value Pack increased by $2. Can Fido do this? Increase my bill out of nowhere? I looked at my bills for the past six months and none of them mentioned a price increase. Not impressed, Fido.

Accepted Solution

Re: Value Pack Unexpected Price Increases?

Solved by Moderator

Hey @JC.

All grandfathered Value Packs went up by $2.

This was mentionned on the March and April 2016 bills. 

Let us know if you have any questions Smiley

View solution in context
7 REPLIES 7
FidoTerry
Former Moderator

Welcome to the community ! Smiley

We always try to keep our price as low as possible. However the costs of providing top-quality services have gone up over the past few years, that’s why sometimes we have to take a second look at our prices.

We sent a notice of this on your invoice ( it should be on page 2 ). Our new plans may have what you need as well. Check out fido.ca/plans for more options.

JC

My plan is still better than all your new plans.

The only notice on my last invoice is "Your credit limit of $0.00 will be removed effective May 12/16." 

Hey @JC.

All grandfathered Value Packs went up by $2.

This was mentionned on the March and April 2016 bills. 

Let us know if you have any questions Smiley

JC

You can PM me for my account number if you want. I received no notice in my March or April 2016 bills.

@JC Ok then Smiley I'm sending you a PM now.

Talk to you soon.

divx
I'm a Participant Level 2

This increase is just a theft in novadays when prices of digital storage and information interchange (for owners of infrastructure the net cost is US$0.10 per 1 gigabit ) are constantly decreasing. No any additional quality neither space or whatever where introduced. So, it is a theft on my humble opinion. What CRTC thinks about that?

JC

I agree. We only going to consume more data in the future, yet the amount keeps decreasing and prices are increasing.