Value Pack Unexpected Price Increases?

I'm a Participant Level 3
I'm a Participant Level 3

Value Pack Unexpected Price Increases?

I took a look at my last bill and noticed my value pack increased by a dollar. Not much but still a surprise after receiving the same bill amount for the past 8 months to see it go up unexpectedly. Wondering if this is a billing mistake or one of those "price increase without notice" type thing, I called to see what was going on. After speaking with a nice rep who dug up that in July there was a $1 increase in my value plan, I decided to cancel it and go with a different plan but with near identical features at the same price before the increase. I know that Fido isn't the only company that does this where they increase the price without notice while releasing new plans at the same (or lower) pricing, but it is really aggravating to have to deal with.

Fido may want to consider this point: aggravating your customers will cause them to leave. Even though the stipulation of "price may change without notice" is there, the lack of notice also shows a lack of courtesy to the paying customer, especially since the change in plan boils down a branding change that's "exclusive to Fido" tacked on.*grump grump grump*

Accepted Solution

Re: Value Pack Unexpected Price Increases?

Hi Twitty,

We’ve sent a Bill Message to notify about this increase of the Value Pack add-on, this happened after May 2014. If you'd like to me revise your account to see if we have new options that might be more beneficial, do not hesitate to send me a private message! 

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
Fido Employee
Fido Employee

Hello,

You actually would have been notified at least 30 days before the change in price took effect.

Notification is typically done via a special message written on your invoice.  I know that many people do not notice or read those bill messages, but technically you were advised in writing in advance of the price increase.

Glad to read you found an option that works better for you though!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Solution

Hi Twitty,

We’ve sent a Bill Message to notify about this increase of the Value Pack add-on, this happened after May 2014. If you'd like to me revise your account to see if we have new options that might be more beneficial, do not hesitate to send me a private message! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 2
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Samething happen to me I never got a notice and ur increased still didn't understand why. But I called and it was taken care of. But the website still says it's 4 dollars for the same features I have for the past 16 months!
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 4