VVMP MMS Edition Bug

Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 1

VVMP MMS Edition Bug

Hello Everyone,

I subscribe to the Visual Voicemail Plus feature, the MMS version. I recently had it enabled and am experiencing a qwirky but very annoying bug. I called Fido but the CSR's that I spoke to were unable to help me. Here is what happens. Lets say I get a voicemail message from phone number 416-555-1234 and they leave a message saying "Test 1234". Within about a minute I will receive the following MMS message:

"<Subject: New Wireless voicemail message>

(a "play" icon that will play the message)

"Test 1 2 3 4."

To listen to your Wireless voicemail message click on the attachment."

This is the whole message. Works perfectly, exactly how I would expect. I can read the text transcription of the message or touch the "play" icon within the MMS message to hear it. Now, exactly two hours later (right down to the exact minute) I will receive a second message but this will be an SMS and not a MMS message. It will contain:

"4165551234

Mon, 17 Sep 2012, 19:55:58

"Test 1 2 3 4."

Please call into your voicemail mailbox to listen to your message."

This second SMS message, that always arrives exactly two hours later, will always contain the same information as the first message. Why am I getting it? How do i stop it? It is quite annoying when you get a lot of voicemails like I do because it can be confusing and clutters my text messaging. I have tried using my standard phone (a factory unlocked Galaxy S2 GT-I9100) and using my Fido branded phone (I dont know the exact model but it is a very basic Motarolla dumbphone I picked up for about $50 as a backup phone). Since the same problem occurs on both a Fido and non-Fido phone I am reasonably sure it is not related to my phone(s). Any help would be appreciated. Thank you,

David

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 41
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: VVMP MMS Edition Bug

Hi Twinge,

First time I've heard of this, thanks for letting us know. I have flagged this to a support team for investigation. Should they require more information, I will send you a private message (you can find them at the top right of this page - looks like an envelope).

@ community - has anyone else experienced this with VVMP?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 41
Highlighted

Hello FidoStephen,

The issue is still ongoing and I have not yet been contacted by anyone on your support team. I found the model number of the Fido branded phone I tested with and it is a "MOTO W233 Renew". I also was able to test this weekend with a Fido branded iPhone 3gs and had the same results as with my Samsung and Fido W233 Renew. I searched these forums and the web and found no one else experiencing the same issue. It has been over two weeks now, any idea on what kind of timeframe I may be looking at to get this issue resolved? Thanks,

David

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 41
Highlighted

I am having the exact same problem.

I don't mind getting the text message but do mind that it comes in 2 hours later.

I think the SMS can be useful if you are outside the country, as that way you can receive your messages without having to dial in.

But it's fairly annoying if it's two hours late.

Any info or aid would be greatly appreciated.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 41
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Are you still experiencing this issue?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 41
Highlighted

Hi FidoStephen,

I am definitely still having the problem. Everytime someone leaves a voice message I get the MMS right away and then 2 hours later I get a SMS with the same info. Any solutions?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 41
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1

I have the same problem.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 41

The same problem here.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 41
Highlighted
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

I have the exact same problem too. Left a voicemail to myself last night to test.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 41
Highlighted

So I called Fido and told them about this problem. The agent agreed this was not normal and reset my voicemail by removing it off my account and then adding it again.

This did not help. I still have the same problem. So a voicemail reset is not the solution. 

Anyone else have a solution? Fido Employees?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 41