VISA Debit

VISA Debit

VISA Debit

SOLVED
mixalis
I'm a Participant Level 2

VISA Debit

I have one of those new Access Cards from TD Bank. It is a "VISA Debit" . It has 16 digits.. I cannot register it on Fido.ca Can someone confirm whether VISA Debits are accepted? And I cannot use it with Interac Online (as those cards only have 13 digits..) What a mess.. Any help/suggestions?

Accepted Solution

Re: VISA Debit

Solved by I'm Qualified Level 3

Since you are a prepaid customer, you unfortunately cannot use EasyWeb for payments because it is for monthly subscribers only. Another thing I was going to check is to make sure the "Name on card" you've submitted is EXACTLY how it is on TD's system, which you already confirmed. I honestly think Fido simply doesn't support it yet. I've heard Rogers Wireless accepts VISA Debits, but Bell Mobility doesn't, so there is no global acceptance yet. I'm sorry to hear you're not getting full use out of your TD VISA Debit.

Best bet for now is to purchase a prepaid voucher or apply for one of TD's no annual fee credit cards, such as the GREEN VISA or Cash Back MasterCard, if you do not likely running out to the store to purchase prepaid vouchers.

I understand prepaid can be convenient for those who do not likely contracts, want to avoid credit checks, or simply like the freedom, but the payment options (for example, EasyWeb) for monthly subscribers is fantastic. I started off with Prepaid when I first got a phone but was annoyed at having to buy prepaid cards and having leftover credits that expired in 30 days. So I definitely love the monthly service at Fido. It goes hand-in-hand with TD's EasyWeb too, so easy to make payments (3 clicks and your done on EasyWeb). Absolutely it's up to you mixalis and your needs. These are just my thoughts once again Smiley Please let me know if have any more questions or comments!

View solution in context
18 REPLIES 18
harlex1
I'm a Participant Level 1

I have the same problem using interact paying my refill. It used to work two moons ago. It stopped working since Fido upgraded their website.

Hey @harlex1 and welcome to the Community Smiley

There were some options that didn't work due to the Fido.ca Revamp, but interac payment issue is now resolved Smiley

Let me just go back on @FidoAmanda 's question: 

Does your name and billing address match your card's information?

Let me know Smiley

Jh86
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Thanks but it was not accepted in the automated system through 611 either. I was sent to a service rep who could not process the card registration either.
FidoAmanda
Former Moderator

That's odd!

Does your name and billing address for your Visa Debit card match that on your Fido account exactly? 

Jh86
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Has there been any update to this on-going, well reported issue??
All of the information provided throughout is fantastic and I hope there will be a solution soon.
For some reason when trying to validate a visa debit card, there is a system error and says to try again. I figured no problem - I'll use the online interac feature. The issue here is that my bank's (scotiabank) system won't allow me to complete an online interac payment as my card is a debit visa. When I try to complete the payment I get a prompt to return to Fido.ca and pay with my visa debit.
To add to tho frustration, I downloaded the Fido mobile app, I successfully logged in and made a payment to my account. After making this payment I was still not seeing the payment show in the full site version of Fido.ca My Account. When I contacted Fido I was told that the app is only for postpaid users and my payment would never be applied to my actual account and I would need to call me bank to return the payment....I'm still fighting with my bank as they are telling me to go to Fido for the refund and Fido says go to the bank..
I am a brand new pre paid user looking to try this network before committing to a postpaid plan.....the amount of frustration I have been through in the first few days of attempting to get my phone working is very disappointing. I've heard such good things about Fido
FidoMegan
Former Moderator

Hey Jh86! 

Can you try setting it up through our automated phone system by dialing *611 from your Fido phone? 

Let me know if that works! Smiley 

- Megan 

LucidEvening
I'm Qualified Level 1

I am currently a postpaid subscriber, but I wanted to shed some light on this matter. For anyone that wants to pay a postpaid bill, a VISA debit will work. It will be processed on Fido's end as a credit card payment, and on your end, it will simply be debited (deducted) from your bank account.

Based on Fido's support page for prepaid refills, it seems like Interac Online and credit card payments should be allowed. I am not sure what's the issue with the OP, but both ways should be acceptable. In terms of an Interac Online payment, it should simply direct the user to the bank's payment page, where the user simply logs in and pays the bill. I have experience with Interac Online payments, but only with RBC & Scotiabank.

Perhaps TD's website infrastructure is not up to par? Anyways, there should not be an issue with card numbers as the OP is suggesting, unless Fido requires the card's number before being redirected to their respective bank. All, if not most, bank cards have a 16 digit number. I know that TD for sure has 16 digit card numbers for their VISA debit cards (based on seeing a family member's bank card from TD).

I would like to point out that VISA debit card and VISA card numbers are not necessarily delineated in terms of their card number. I know that my VISA debit card (with Scotiabank), starts with 45XX.

_________________________________________________________________________________________
iPhone 5 - White 16 GB
naomicfl

Hello,

I am a month to month fido customer and I wanted to do what the man above suggested. I want to add FIDO SOLUTIONS INC. as a bill payee on my TD easyweb account for my new visa debit. Just wondering- what is my "payee account"? I tried using my fido phone number and it does not work. How do I find this number?

nick67
I'm Qualified Level 3

Your account number (payee account) is never your phone number simply because it would cause too much billing confusion since phone numbers change owners frequently. You can find your Account Number on any Fido monthly invoice or by logging into My Account via Fido.ca (https://www.fido.ca/web/page/portal/Fido/Ecare_Standalone). Also, FIDO SOLUTIONS INC is the correct payee, the same one I've been successfully paying for years. Hope this is more clear for you Smiley

nick67
I'm Qualified Level 3

Fido.ca is now listed under Visa's official list of merchants who accept VISA Debit.

Source:  http://www.visa.ca/en/personal/visa-debit-card/visa_debit_merchants.jsp

marki

Prepaid Visa doesnt work, Interac Visa doesnt work. I have a generic prepaid Visa (no name) and a prepaid visa with name on it. Also those vouchers are good for one month. The thing I dont get is the $10/m comes to $10.50, plus 911 fee. I remember reading somewhere that they use one or the other, cant use both, but prepaid visa should work even if its registered and your name is on the card. Odd!!!!
0215fido

I have a VISA DEBIT  but for CIBC and there not listed? is there another way to pay my refille online  using my  CIBC DEBIT VISA??? I am also a prepaid client PLZ help Smiley

nick67
I'm Qualified Level 3

I would first like to get additional information from you...are you a prepaid customer trying to setup an automatic refill or a monthly subscriber attempting to make a payment with your VISA Debit?

All VISA cards have 16-digit card numbers. VISA credit cards start with 45XX-XXXX-XXXX and VISA Debits start with 47XX-XXXX-XXXX. First and probably most important thing to note is not all online merchants accept VISA debit. I searched VISA's online database and neither Fido or Rogers were listed as eligible merchants. However, this does not mean Fido won't accept your VISA Debit. I would test my own TD Visa Debit and attempt to make a payment but this would require me to actually make the payment, not simply test the card.

I am affiliated with TD Canada Trust and personally pay for my Fido service through EasyWeb, TD's online financial service. If you do not have EasyWeb setup already, go to any TD branch with your VISA Debit card and request to activate your EasyWeb service. Once you are registered on EasyWeb, select PAY BILLS. Enter FIDO SOLUTIONS INC as the payee along with your Fido account number and the amount. Simple as that; funds are withdrawn from your account immediately and Fido receives the funds the NEXT business day. I've been paying visa EasyWeb for over 3 years now, never an issue.

I often recommend against pre-authorized withdrawls (in this case, automatic refills) from your TD account because if there is a mistake on your Fido invoice, Fido automatically takes the funds from you. It's easier, in my opinion, to see what you owe, confirm the amount, and head over to EasyWeb and then pay Fido.

Please do not hestitate to reply mixalis and note that my text does not represent TD and they are my own opinions and experiences.

Hope this helps! Smiley

klim11

bro i already pay it thru easy web FIDO SOLUTION INC. so how can i know that fido recieve the money that i paid for ?? and when is my line coming back??

Hey klim11!

Welcome to the community! 

Payments made through Online Banking can take up to 5 business days to be posted to the account. You can check your balance when logged in to your My Account profile. 

For more information about the various methods of payment you can refer to this page.

You can also contact our Credit Operations department via Live Chat to report the payment that you have made.

Hope this helps!

nick67
I'm Qualified Level 3

Hey klim11,

Typically, from my experience, Fido receives your TD EasyWeb payment NEXT BUSINESS DAY as long as you made it before midnight. Indeed it can take up to 5 business days, but usually next business day Fido receives it. Log into My Account via Fido.ca to confirm that the payment is received under the section "Last payment made".

mixalis
I'm a Participant Level 2

Dear nick67 Firstly let me thank you for taking the time to respond to my issue. I am a prepaid customer, trying to make a one-off payment (not an automatic refill) but I understand even that requires credit card registration. My card is definitely a VISA Debit (47XX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX). I repeatedly tried registering the said card (both online and via phone) without success. However I don't get an explanation as to why it is not accepted. Name and Address are correct and match. I am already registered on EasyWeb, I just tried adding Fido as a Payee, but again no luck. As I said I am a prepaid customer. As an account I tried my 10 digit phone number and I get: "You have entered an invalid payee account number" Any other suggestions? Many thanks again
nick67
I'm Qualified Level 3

Since you are a prepaid customer, you unfortunately cannot use EasyWeb for payments because it is for monthly subscribers only. Another thing I was going to check is to make sure the "Name on card" you've submitted is EXACTLY how it is on TD's system, which you already confirmed. I honestly think Fido simply doesn't support it yet. I've heard Rogers Wireless accepts VISA Debits, but Bell Mobility doesn't, so there is no global acceptance yet. I'm sorry to hear you're not getting full use out of your TD VISA Debit.

Best bet for now is to purchase a prepaid voucher or apply for one of TD's no annual fee credit cards, such as the GREEN VISA or Cash Back MasterCard, if you do not likely running out to the store to purchase prepaid vouchers.

I understand prepaid can be convenient for those who do not likely contracts, want to avoid credit checks, or simply like the freedom, but the payment options (for example, EasyWeb) for monthly subscribers is fantastic. I started off with Prepaid when I first got a phone but was annoyed at having to buy prepaid cards and having leftover credits that expired in 30 days. So I definitely love the monthly service at Fido. It goes hand-in-hand with TD's EasyWeb too, so easy to make payments (3 clicks and your done on EasyWeb). Absolutely it's up to you mixalis and your needs. These are just my thoughts once again Smiley Please let me know if have any more questions or comments!