Use referal AFTER activation.

SOLVED
Mishimie
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hello...

Went to a phone booth tonight and activated a New tablet with Fido, under a new name, on my current account.

While signing up, I had my referal code with me, however, the sales rep was having computer issues and told me that he wont be able to go back and add the referal code, and to just call Fido when I get home and tell them it was his fault... After reading the faqs on the referal page... its looks like I cant add it after its been activated? Should I be returning the tablet and rebuying it, this time making the sales agent use the referal code?

Thanks!

***Edited to add labels***

Accepted Solution

Re: Use referal AFTER activation.

Solved by MVP MVP

@Mishimie no need to return and rebuy you can call customer service and let them know and they can fix it. Alternatively a moderator here can PM you and fix it for you. 

The referral credit will be applied 90days after as long as you keep the tablet line active and in good standing. You should see the credit on your fourth bill. 

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
FidoPierre
Moderator (inactive)

Hey @Mishimie

Welcome to the Community! Smiley 

I can confirm that KAPABLE-K is correct in stating that you won't need to be returning the tablet for this. I'll send you a PM so we can take a closer look into this together. 

KAPABLE-K
MVP

@Mishimie no need to return and rebuy you can call customer service and let them know and they can fix it. Alternatively a moderator here can PM you and fix it for you. 

The referral credit will be applied 90days after as long as you keep the tablet line active and in good standing. You should see the credit on your fourth bill.