Upgrading to the wf721

Upgrading to the wf721

Upgrading to the wf721

SOLVED
Susyque
I'm a Participant Level 3

Upgrading to the wf721

Hello, I have had the Home Phone service since August 2013 with the ZTE WF720 - I can not receive the same benefits that people have with the WF721 but pay the same fees.(they went up in June 2016)  Today I tried to call forward but it would not work, now after inquiring I am told I have to purchase the WF721 to receive the extra benefits like this and name display - is this normal practice or should the newer device be exchanged for my old one?   

Accepted Solution

Re: Upgrading to the wf721

Solved by I'm a Participant Level 3 Susyque

UPDATE:  My account was finally updated and call waiting, call forwarding etc. are working along with enhanced voice mail (this I had already), with no extra charge besides the initial price offered on the site for wireless home phone service.  The only thing that does not work with the ZTE WF720 is the name display, this confirmed by the rep. as she has both.  This rep. KIM from Ontario had personal experience on this subject and was by far the best rep. I have talked to lately, polite, efficient and caring.   Thanks so much Kim!  Thanks to all for trying to help though, hopefully this post helps others in the future and will not take days/hours of explaining and searching.

View solution in context
7 REPLIES 7
Susyque

UPDATE:  My account was finally updated and call waiting, call forwarding etc. are working along with enhanced voice mail (this I had already), with no extra charge besides the initial price offered on the site for wireless home phone service.  The only thing that does not work with the ZTE WF720 is the name display, this confirmed by the rep. as she has both.  This rep. KIM from Ontario had personal experience on this subject and was by far the best rep. I have talked to lately, polite, efficient and caring.   Thanks so much Kim!  Thanks to all for trying to help though, hopefully this post helps others in the future and will not take days/hours of explaining and searching.

Glad everything is working as it should now Smiley 

fuzzywuzzy
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Call Waiting, Conference Call, and 2500 Call Forwarding minutes were not included with the original Fido Wireless Home Phone Plan that I signed up for in 2013.  They were available at that time as a $2 addon.  I gained these features at no additional cost when I switched my Wireless Home Phone plan in July 2014.  Purchasing the WF721 won't change which features are included with your plan.

FidoKenny

Hey @Susyque and welcome to the Community Smiley

I see that we already engaged with you by PM concerning this situation.

Hope to get a reply from you soon to get this resolved.

Susyque

Still not resolved, when I call fido the rep tried adding call waiting/ etc. and said it would not work, she said I need to upgrade to the wf721 - I have the wf720.  I really don't want to pay another one, if it upgrades every few years and the price goes up (quite a bit like in June) every few years I think that Fido should make an effort to give the services that I am paying for.  Now I see FuzzyWuzzy responded that "Purchasing the WF721 won't change which features are included with your plan."  So how can I become a happy loyal longtime customer?  If you can PM to help me please it would be appreciated.

Hey @Susyque!

I'd like to confirm a detail in your account! I'll send you a PM right away!

Susyque

Done I will await your reply