Upgrading phone?

Upgrading phone?

Upgrading phone?

SOLVED
DegasDog
I'm a Participant Level 3

Upgrading phone?

How can i upgrade my phone while maintaining my current plan?

Accepted Solution

Re: Upgrading phone?

Solved by MVP MVP

Hello @DegasDog,

Welcome to the community!

You can upgrade your device at anytime providing you are not already in a contract, if you are in a contract you will have to pay off the remainder of your contract in order to upgrade again. 

If you are not in a contract but your plan is a BYOP Bring Your Own Phone then you are not eligible for a phone upgrade.

To do the upgrade you can login to your account on Fido.ca click on the phone number then on the next page look at the bottom you should see "UPGRADE MY DEVICE" click on that and follow the instructions. 

You can also contact Fido for assistance in doing the upgrade, you can reach out to them through any of the available methods listed here.

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
AntoineDao
I'm a Participant Level 1

I would love to upgrade my phone since Ive finished my contract with Fido. But can I go to Fido store to deal for a new phone or it has to be done through phone? and what would u suggest me to do? thanks.

Hey @AntoineDao

Welcome aboard the Community!

I've moved your message in this thread as it's pretty similar in nature.

To answer your question, you can upgrade in store, call our customer service or even with us! You can also process the upgrade via your fido.ca account and save on paying the transaction fee.

Have you already selected the device you're interested in?

KAPABLE-K
MVP

Hello @DegasDog,

Welcome to the community!

You can upgrade your device at anytime providing you are not already in a contract, if you are in a contract you will have to pay off the remainder of your contract in order to upgrade again. 

If you are not in a contract but your plan is a BYOP Bring Your Own Phone then you are not eligible for a phone upgrade.

To do the upgrade you can login to your account on Fido.ca click on the phone number then on the next page look at the bottom you should see "UPGRADE MY DEVICE" click on that and follow the instructions. 

You can also contact Fido for assistance in doing the upgrade, you can reach out to them through any of the available methods listed here.