Upgrading phone?

Upgrading phone?

Upgrading phone?

SOLVED
sealywheely
I'm a Participant Level 2

Upgrading phone?

Can I upgrade a phone without having the whole price of the phone on my next bill, I mean who really has $800 just sitting around to pay for a new phone, and thats with a two ur plan. Doesn't Fido divide the phone price like other carriers?

***Edited to add labels***

Accepted Solution

Re: Upgrading phone?

Solved by MVP MVP

@sealywheely if you are upgrading and taking a contract you will get a subsidy on the phone, the amount of the subsidy depends on the plus $ amount you take. Depending on the phone you are getting the upfront cost will vary but what ever the upfront cost it you will have to pay it on your next invoice.

View solution in context
4 REPLIES 4
KAPABLE-K
MVP

@sealywheely if you are upgrading and taking a contract you will get a subsidy on the phone, the amount of the subsidy depends on the plus $ amount you take. Depending on the phone you are getting the upfront cost will vary but what ever the upfront cost it you will have to pay it on your next invoice.

sealywheely
I'm a Participant Level 2

OK...one more question. When I do it Fido.ca, is that showing the right cost for the phone because I tried it different ways with higher plans but they are all showing the whole cost of the phone, none are showing a subsidy, I was wondering if I just had to speak to a rep about getting the subsidy? I figure this phone ( lg g6 ) has to have a subsidy for it...its just way too expensive....just saying....and there is not very many options when you want a particular phone.

Hey @sealywheely

The LG G6 is available with a couple different prices. Selecting a higher plan category will provide you with a better credit on the device during the upgrade. You can also select a lower costing monthly plan, and pay a little more on the cost of the device up front.

You should be able to see the different available prices by selecting the different plan types here

As KAPABLE-K mentioned, the amount left owing on the phone will be charged on your following bill if purchased online. 

Can you tell me if you've had a chance to try it from a different browser? Let us know if you still can't see the agreement prices and I'll send you a PM so we can take a closer look into this together. Smiley 

@sealywheely what type of plan do you have that your are trying to do the upgrade on?

If you are having difficulties doing it online I would recommend you speak with a Fido customer service rep.