Upgrading phone?

Upgrading phone?

Upgrading phone?

SOLVED
beararms
I'm Helpful Level 2

Upgrading phone?

I'm just looking for some information for upgrading a phone. I have about a year and a month left on my phone. While I can probably live with it until then, I was just wondering what the options are? I know there is a "hardware upgrade", how much does that cost? Does it add time to my current contract? Do I have to pay the full price of the phone? etc. I'd be most interested in droids

Accepted Solution

Re: Upgrading phone?

Solved by I'm Qualified Level 3
I don't know what phone you currently use. But there is 2 ways to get a new phone from Fido.

1. Terminate your current contract, pay the termination fee (depending when you signed your contract). Now you can either get a new phone from Fido at full price with no contract, or sign a new 2 year contract with Fido with a subsidized phone. (note if you get a new phone form Fido you will be charged a $25 HUF)

2. Keep your existing contract, just buy a new phone without subsidy from either Fido or elsewhere.

There is no more option to 'extend' your existing contract from Fido.

Whichever method is cheapest for you I would not know. You need to figure that out yourself or provide more info here.
View solution in context
5 REPLIES 5
FidoAmandaH
Former Moderator

Hi beararms,

You can verify this fee with a representative at a store, on the phone (*611), or even use the Live Chat.  In the My Account section, click on Chat now in the My Fido Service section. Representatives are available weekdays from 8 AM to midnight, Eastern Time.

Click on the thumbs up image description of the photo to like a post or a fellow member of the community.

And don't forget to click Accept as Solution in the options drop-down menu once you've received the answer you were looking for; it'll help our community grow stronger.

beararms
I'm Helpful Level 2

Thanks guys, I shall head to a store at my earliest convenience!
Wufai
I'm Qualified Level 3

I don't know what phone you currently use. But there is 2 ways to get a new phone from Fido.

1. Terminate your current contract, pay the termination fee (depending when you signed your contract). Now you can either get a new phone from Fido at full price with no contract, or sign a new 2 year contract with Fido with a subsidized phone. (note if you get a new phone form Fido you will be charged a $25 HUF)

2. Keep your existing contract, just buy a new phone without subsidy from either Fido or elsewhere.

There is no more option to 'extend' your existing contract from Fido.

Whichever method is cheapest for you I would not know. You need to figure that out yourself or provide more info here.
beararms
I'm Helpful Level 2

I currently have a google nexus S. What more information do you req? My contract ends Jan 2015, I'd rather not cancel and lose my credits.
MunkroX
I'm Helpful Level 1

Best bet is to go into a fido location and ask what your early upgrade fee is.  You must pay this fee (shows up on your next bill) in order to upgrade your phone.  You just need your phone number and postal code and a photo ID and you can find out very quickly.  Thats the only way to upgrade without buying a phone out rite. And you can go to anywhere that carries fido. Walmart and best buy and places like that can help ya out.