Upgrading phone with existing plan?

plstellmewhy
I'm a Participant Level 3

Hi there, my 2 year contract is coming to an end, and I was looking into upgrading my device. I currently have a 16gb iphone SE with a $75/month 10gb fido pulse medium plan, and I would like to upgrade to an iphone 6s 32gb. It says it goes with a medium plan so I should be fine right? I'm trying to upgrade on the website but it says sorry this information is not available online? I tried talking to live chat but two agents have said yesterday that I would have to change my plan to the $85/month one. I have absolutely zero interest in changing my plan. However, I did talk to another one I think 2 weeks ago, and that agent said that I would be able to change it no problem and keep my existing plan. Who is right here? Is there someone who actually knows what's going on? Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
FidoClaudia

Hey @plstellmewhy,

If you're already on a Medium plan, you should be able to upgrade your device by keeping the same plan.

I'll send you a PM to take a closer look at your account Smiley

Talk soon!

nick67
I'm Qualified Level 3

As @FidoClaudia mentioned, you can indeed keep your existing Medium plan and upgrade to a new phone with Medium plan pricing. You simply need to log into My Account via Fido.ca. Choose the line you want and click "Upgrade My Device". Choose the phone you want and under "Build Your Device & Plan", click "Keep existing plan". Currently, the iPhone 6S 32GB is $0 on a 2-year Medium plan. See my screenshot below...hope this helps Smiley

iPhone 6S Upgrade - Existing Plan.png

plstellmewhy
I'm a Participant Level 3

Hi, thanks for the reply. I did that, but when I went to checkout it gave me an error saying the information was not available online and to contact support. Thanks.

Thanks for letting us know @plstellmewhy.

It's definitely odd that this should happen. Your plan is definitely compatible for the upgrade to iPhone 6S 32GB. Did you try a different browser?

That said, I have replied to your Pm and we'll continue looking into this with you there.