Upgrading my wife's phone

howardsiu
I'm Helpful Level 2

My wife has an iPhone 5S and would like to upgrade it to either an iPhone 6 or IPhone 7. Wha tis really the difference between this two anyway? She only use it for texting, internet, facebook, instagram etc and one puzzle game. The iPhone 5S batteries is probably dying right now. She ahve to charge it every night. I am a fanboy of anything apple. I currently have a Galaxy S7 Edge and is the best phone I have ever have. I don.t think I can convince my sife to change over even though it is $0 right now. compare to the iPhone 6, the S7 is far more superior.

Also, would it be possible to have my wife plan switch to my plan? I am current paying for both phone under my name.

7 REPLIES 7
howardsiu
I'm Helpful Level 2

Thanks for the info.

My wife's plan is under my account already. I ahve a grandfathered plan and her plan is also grandfathered, however, her plan have less than what she need and we would like to see if we can have the same plan.

Thanks Smiley

Hello Howardsiu,

Unfortunately, since your plan is grandfathered, it's no longer available to add to another account. I don't think your wife will be able to change her plan to the same as yours. I believe she would only be able to change it to a currently available plan.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

howardsiu
I'm Helpful Level 2

it is under the same account. it is not a seperate account. just two different phone number under ther same account. is it possible then?

Hello again,

I apologise, I mistyped previously. I understand it's on the same account. However, they are two separate plans on the same account. Your grandfathered plan would still not be available for your wife to switch.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

howardsiu
I'm Helpful Level 2

Got it. thanks

Hey @howardsiu!

@Cawtau is correct; a grandfathered plan cannot be added to a different line as it no longer exists.

We can always go over your options though. Don't hesitate to reach out.

FidoRanya
Former Moderator

Hey @howardisu , 

Thank you for posting about this Smiley

Both devices are wicked! The iPhone 7 is a newer model than the iPhone 6, I'll refer you to the page here to compare them. 

What do you mean by your wife switching to your plan? Did you want her to be on the same account as you or you are referring to her price plan?

Let us know!