Upgraded to S5 now cant receive text messages from iphone? what do to?

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1 DarCookie
I'm a Participant Level 1

I have a Galaxy S5 and I a am able to receive texts from others on my contact list, except for those contacts with iPhones.  This was also a problem with my iPhone.  I changed phones a week ago.  I can send myself texts without a problem.

Accepted Solution

@DarCookie wrote:

I have a Galaxy S5 and I a am able to receive texts from others on my contact list, except for those contacts with iPhones.  This was also a problem with my iPhone.  I changed phones a week ago.  I can send myself texts without a problem.

Every iPhone user has your number associated with the previous iPhone. So the message is sent via iMessage and never gets delivered to your samsung phone. You could actualy still see the message arrive on the old iPhone if connected to wifi probably.

With the old iPhone, while on wifi, turn off iMessage and even signoff out of iCloud and issue should be resolved. If not, then call apple and ask them to remove the phone number from your apple ID.

If the issue was happening even on the old iPhone, it may have been a different problem where iMessage was not properly working and all you had to do is turn it off to fix it. But for now, just make sure to turn off iMessage and sign off your apple ID on your old phone and problem should  be solved.

Just to add something:

I was told before that you need to put your fido sim inside the iPhone first before turning off iMessage and iCloud, but it makes no sense to me on why this would be necesary... Since the issue comes apple who has your number saved as apple phone and causes this issue by sending all iMessages from iPhone users to the wrong place. It has nothing to do with fido, but maybe I'm wrong and it is actualy necesary...

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 2
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1
Solution

@DarCookie wrote:

Every iPhone user has your number associated with the previous iPhone. So the message is sent via iMessage and never gets delivered to your samsung phone. You could actualy still see the message arrive on the old iPhone if connected to wifi probably.

With the old iPhone, while on wifi, turn off iMessage and even signoff out of iCloud and issue should be resolved. If not, then call apple and ask them to remove the phone number from your apple ID.

If the issue was happening even on the old iPhone, it may have been a different problem where iMessage was not properly working and all you had to do is turn it off to fix it. But for now, just make sure to turn off iMessage and sign off your apple ID on your old phone and problem should  be solved.

Just to add something:

I was told before that you need to put your fido sim inside the iPhone first before turning off iMessage and iCloud, but it makes no sense to me on why this would be necesary... Since the issue comes apple who has your number saved as apple phone and causes this issue by sending all iMessages from iPhone users to the wrong place. It has nothing to do with fido, but maybe I'm wrong and it is actualy necesary...

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 2