Upgraded to 10 GB BYOD plan now my internet is not working...?

aphextwin
I'm a Participant Level 3

So I left the store, and thought it was temporary but I can only access fido.ca on my phone when I'm not connected to Wi-Fi.

I also get a web page saying "you or an app are trying to access wireless internet on your device, to continue buy a Data Week Pass - 5.00 get 20 MB of mobile internet access".

I have the bars showing I am connected to Fido...

I'd like to talk to tech support but the lines are nuts, is this something I can fix on my own or do I need to bring it back to the Fido store.

5 REPLIES 5
johnson2
I'm a Participant Level 2

Same thing happening to me.

aphextwin
I'm a Participant Level 3

I'll trek to the Fido store at lunch......will post if they can fix it.

Hi guys!

Were you able to get this sorted out? Let me know. Smiley

umdloti

Same problem here - I upgraded to the $60/10gb offer on Monday, and no cellular data access since then. I just checked My Account online, and it shows that I have only a $40 voice plan - no data plan shows at all anymore!!! No wonder I cannot get any internet unless I am on wifi....

I upgraded in person at a Fido store, along with an entire mob of people all doing the same thing! So how this could happen....?

Can't get a live person after 5pm on 611...

Live chat says "Live Support is temporarily unavailable. Please try again in a few moments. We appreciate your patience."

Same thing a few moments later, and a few moments later... you get the picture.

Will probably have to try calling the live support line tomorrow during business hours.

johnson2

Cool! I've been trying to connect through online chat for 1h and phone lines to Fido just aren't getting through. Wouldn't be surprised if lines at the store are insane as well.