Upgrade my phone

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

Upgrade my phone

Soo since the Fido rewards will be gone in July I want to use them to upgrade my phone at the Fido store after I use my rewards I'll owe $47 that I will have to pay upfront? Not quite sure.
And the iPhone 6s is on for $250 for 2 year plan, what I'm wondering is if I have to pay this upfront or will it just go onto my next bill cycle what I owe I want to know before going to the store incase I could get the phone before my next pay day or not.

If anyone has the answer please let me know thanks!

***Edited to add labels***

Accepted Solution

Re: Upgrade my phone

Hey everyone! 

Just came across this thread and I thought I would provide a little update for you all. 

As of January this year, when you upgrade your phone in store, you’ll need to make the payment for the device cost in store at the time of the upgrade. 

If you visit a corporate store, and you have remaining FidoDOLLARS that you would like to use towards your new phone, they will be applied towards the cost of your device in real time, however, if you do your upgrade at a retailer, they will not be applied in real time. They will be applied as a pending credit for the following billing cycle and will appear in the section Other charges and credits of your bill.

The Transaction Fee and Early Upgrade Fee (if applicable) will still be charged to your next bill.

Hope this helps!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 6
Highlighted

@Westyxox44 You can pay it the same time or just have it billed on your next invoice.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted

Hey @Westyxox44

Just a little clarification to add on to the answer from @KAPABLE-K.

When you process a hardware upgrade in a Fido store you would automatically be charged for the device on your next Fido bill. However you will of course have the option to make a payment in advance towards that bill by just making a payment in stores towards your balance. 

I hope this helps. Smiley 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 6
Highlighted

Yess it does, thank you!

The guy at Fido couldn't give me an answer, happy I can just pay it on my bill
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

@Westyxox44 I'm glad that we were able to answer your question! 

Let me know if you need anything else. Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Solution

Hey everyone! 

Just came across this thread and I thought I would provide a little update for you all. 

As of January this year, when you upgrade your phone in store, you’ll need to make the payment for the device cost in store at the time of the upgrade. 

If you visit a corporate store, and you have remaining FidoDOLLARS that you would like to use towards your new phone, they will be applied towards the cost of your device in real time, however, if you do your upgrade at a retailer, they will not be applied in real time. They will be applied as a pending credit for the following billing cycle and will appear in the section Other charges and credits of your bill.

The Transaction Fee and Early Upgrade Fee (if applicable) will still be charged to your next bill.

Hope this helps!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 6